If you’ve ever wanted more happiness, joy or contentment in your life, then do we have the joyous show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Chade-Meng Tan Google’s Jolly Good Fellow (which nobody can deny). Meng was one of Google’s earliest engineers. Among many other things, he helped build Google’s first mobile search service, and headed the team that kept a vigilant eye on Google’s search quality. His current job description is, “Enlighten minds, open hearts, create world peace”. He’s also the author of two very special books, Search Inside Yourself, and a amazing new favorite of mind,Joy on Demand: The Art of Discovering the Happiness Within.
Today we’ll be talking about just that, tapping into the joy inside of us, each and every any moment we desire.
That plus we’ll talk about the benefit of being lazy, flying between trapezes, the happiest man in the world, how meditation makes you more attractive, and can get you lucky, gaming meditation, mengdonalds, and what in the world is the happiness ray gun…pew pew!
MORE ON CHADE-MENG TAN:
CHADE-MENG TAN (“Meng” for short) recently retired from Google where his official title was “Jolly Good Fellow (which nobody can deny)”, a perk he earned by being one of the their earliest engineers. Among many other things, he helped build Google’s first mobile search service, and headed the team that kept a vigilant eye on Google’s search quality. An avid meditator, he has now dedicated himself to promoting Peace, Liberty, Enlightenment and Happiness.
JOY ON DEMAND is the sequel to his international and New York Times bestseller, Search Inside Yourself, which was based on the highly popular course he designed to help his colleagues at Google reduce stress and increase well-being, heighten focus and creativity, become more optimistic and resilient, build fulfilling relationships, and have a few laughs while at it
- Who is Google’s Jolly good fellow, which nobody can deny?
- How has the Dalai Lama been Meng’s excuse for tardiness?
- What do Buddhist nuns and selfies have in common
- Has Meng always been happy?
- How is happiness a trainable skill
- How do you train the skill of happiness?
- How he started working with an Apple 2
- How he decided he wanted to work for Google?
- Why he didn’t want to be ‘the smartest kid in the room’
- How did he become Google’s jolly good fellow?
- How did Meng start meditating?
- How did he shed misery as his constant companion?
- How did he teach himself meditation?
- How he was ‘the worst meditator in the world’?
- Why he couldn’t even breathe during meditation?
- What’s the importance of don’t stop and don’t strain
- How he began gaming meditation?
- Why you don’t want to strive and break relaxation
- How to keep relaxed and joyful?
- How you are able to access Joy On Demand?
- Why you don’t want to be ‘serious’ even as a Google programmer
- Why you don’t want to sacrifice happiness to be successful
- Why success doesn’t necessarily lead to happiness, but happiness leads to success!
- What gives you true self-confidence?
- What are the three ways to gain confidence?
- How can Buddhism and spirituality give you confidence?
- How can Buddhism and spirituality give you resilience, and why that’s so importance for your happiness and success?
- What happened at Meng’s Ted Talk at the UN?
- Why he was so nervous at his Ted Talk at the UN?
- How meditation helped him with his Ted Talk?
- What’s the importance of ‘just one breath’
- What’s the benefit of being a ‘shameless lazy engineer’ (at Google!)
- What’s the shortest amount of time you can meditation and gain the benefits of meditation?
- Why the ability to settle the mind is the most important skill from meditation?
- What is one of the most powerful meditation practices?
- What is the Just Note Gone meditation practice?
- What is the happiness ray gun and the 10 second exercise?
- What is a kindness and compassion, loving kindness meta meditation (from the Buddha)
- Who is the happiness man on earth?
- What did he learn from Matthieu Ricard?
- What’s the power of loving kindness (and how will it morph into compassion)?
How to Go Beyond Mindfulness for Peace in Every Moment (Lama Surya Das, “Make Me One with Everything”)
How to Easily Use Mindfulness for Greater Inner Peace & Happiness (Joseph Emet)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.