Today it seems mindfulness is all the rage, mindful this, mindful that, and even mindful running…well, that’s us. But if you’ve ever wondered what’s too this mindfulness, or why in the world you need something else that doesn’t fit in your schedule then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Matt Tenney, business expert, and author of my favorite new mindfulness book, The Mindfulness Edge: How to Rewire Your Brain for Leadership and Personal Excellence Without Adding to Your Schedule, and author of Serve to Be Great: Leadership Lessons from a Prison, a Monastery, and a Boardroom.
And that’s just what I want to talk with Matt about, what’s mindfulness, why is it so important, and how in the world we fit it into our days!
That plus we’ll talk about riding the Poo Bus or the #2, The happiest person alive, and why getting locked in the brig, just may be the greatest gift in the world.
Pre-order The Mindfulness Edge & go to http://www.themindfulnessedge.com/ to receive $358 worth of giveaways + get a tree planted in your honor!
MORE ON MATT TENNEY:
Matt Tenney is the author of The Mindfulness Edge: How to Rewire Your Brain for Leadership and Personal Excellence Without Adding to Your Schedule. Through keynote speeches and training programs, he works to develop highly effective leaders who achieve extraordinary, long-term business outcomes – and live more fulfilling lives – as a result of realizing high levels of self-mastery and more effectively serving and inspiring greatness in the people around them. Matt’s clients include Wells Fargo, Marriott, Keller Williams, The Four Seasons, and many other companies, associations, and universities.
Matt Tenney Online: Website
- How Matt Tenney was locked in a military brig/prison for nearly 6 years
- What happened when Matt Tenney was put in solitary confinement in a 6 x 9 cell for a year.
- How Matt went from suicidal to using his prison time as a positive experience and helping people in business and career for leadership and mindfulness.
- How he began studying mindfulness
- What mindfulness practices did he put into place.
- What it means to be free from thought
- What inmates were thinking of Matt getting happy
- How we can each have an effect on the world around us.
- What was the Boddhisatva vow that Matt Kenney took.
- What is mindfulness?
- What is a beginner’s mind?
- Matthew Killingsworth Ted Talk measuring how present people are – and why so many people were mind-wandering
- How to not be the thinking, and instead witness the thinking
- What is the concept of ‘4 hours to 4 minutes’
- How do we begin to stop being our thinking?
- Why people would choose to shock themselves rather than be alone with themselves for fifteen minutes!
- What does it mean to look deeply?
- What’s a mini vacation?
- How we can practice mindfulness without taking additional time
- Where can we interject mindfulness into our daily lives?
- Why Matthieu Ricard was considered the ‘happiest man in the world’
- What is the poo bus or the #2?
- How to start making the shift away from your thinking to a new default of being open and curious to what is actually happening.
How to Go Beyond Mindfulness for Peace in Every Moment (Lama Surya Das, Make Me One with Everything)
How to Easily Use Mindfulness for Greater Inner Peace & Happiness (Joseph Emet)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.