INSPIRE #174: How to Leap Ahead in Life & Business Starting with the WHY
Simon Sinek (As Seen On Viral Ted Talk) Shares How ‘Starting With Why’ Ignites Your Inspiration & Motivation, Helping You Achieve Success, Happiness, & Greatness In Life! Plus Become An Amazing Leader!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY SIMON SINEK:
If you want to feel more fulfilled motivated and inspired whether you’re leading a household, classroom, team, small business, or fortune 500 company, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Simon Sinek, the undisputed King of the Why, though he may never have been called that before, but he’s the global best-selling author of one of the most Inspiring Books on Leadership, Success and Business Out there, Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action.
Today we’ll be talking about the “why”, what it is, why it’s so important, how to incorporate it into our lives, and who in the world is using it for success?
Plus we’ll talk about inspiration vs. manipulation, Ferrari’s vs. minivans, why there’s 32 flavors of toothpaste, why Sneetches have stars and what in the world Hot pants, and go-go suits, have to do with air travel.
MORE ON SIMON SINEK:
Described as “a visionary thinker with a rare intellect,” Sinek teaches leaders and organizations how to inspire people. With a bold goal to help build a world in which the vast majority of people go home everyday feeling fulfilled by their work, Sinek is leading a movement to inspire people to do the things that inspire them.
A trained ethnographer, he is the author of two books: the global best seller, Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action and his newest book, Leaders Eat Last: Why Some Teams Pull Together and Others Don’t. He is best known for popularizing the concept of Why and for the talk he gave on the subject that became the third most watched talk of all time on TED.com.
Sinek’s unconventional and innovative views on business and leadership have attracted international attention and have earned him invitations to meet with an array of leaders and organizations, including: 3M, Deckers, HSM, KPMG, Pfizer, NBC/Universal, jetBlue, the military, government agencies and entrepreneurs. Sinek has also had the honor of presenting his ideas at the United Nations, the United States Congress and to the senior leadership of the United States Air Force.
Sinek is an adjunct staff member of the RAND Corporation, one of the most highly regarded think tanks in the world. He is also active in the arts and not-for-profit world, working with charity: water, an organization devoted to helping bring clean water to the over 700 million people around the world who don’t yet have it, and serves on the board of the Tami Stronach Dance Company. He lives in New York.
Simon Sinek Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube
Check out “The Why Discovery” course: http://www.startwithwhy.com
- What happened with Simon as a 4th year entrepreneur
- How his passion and optimism was gone.
- How Simon Sinek began to learn how our lives (and even businesses) function on the same three levels.
- How Simon Sinek began his search to find his why and to find his balance again.
- What is nature’s balance?
- The story of the race for flight
- Wright Brothers vs.
- Why people and companies ‘fail’
- Why the clearer the cause the more maniacal we become to succeed
- What is a why?
- How did Apple Computers exemplify the why?
- Why you can’t have price, speed, and technology.
- What Simon talked about in his Ted Talk, and what does it mean to have Why, How, What?
- What is the Golden Circle and why do we have things inside out?
- Why people don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do.
- Why you want to be honest and true and do things that reflect my beliefs, and why those who believe what I believe will be attracted to me
- What Dr. Seuss’s Sneetches have to do with us
- What Ben Cohen, a runner with cerebral palsy, can teach us about ourselves.
- How do we become more like Ben
- Why we’re drawn to people who only compete with themselves
- What requires tremendous courage
- Why you need to go for it, and take care of those around you, even if you’re putting yourself at risk
- Why it’s important to risk yourself to help others
- What it means to be called a leader
- Why Martin Luther King gave the ‘I have a dream’ speech, not the ‘I have a plan’ speech, but why politicians today all give 12 point plans to solve a problem
- Why a common vision is needed first
- What does it mean to start at the values level, and why is it so important.
- How do we bring out our why?
- How can we start to do this right away (to find your why)?
- How do you cultivate your why?
- What do you do once you find your why?
- How do you use your why once you find it?
- How the why works
- What’s the Celery test?
- What does 32 flavors of toothpaste have to do with anything?
- Why there’s only two ways to influence people (manipulation or inspiration)
- Why it’s so important to take care of each other
- Why we truly help ourselves by helping each other
How to Become an Extraordinary Human Being & Live a Legendary Life (Robin Sharma, The Leader Who Had No Title)
Simple Ways to Stand Out, Excel & Make an Awesome Impact! (Jon Gordon, The Carpenter)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment