If you’ve ever worried about your health or the health of your kids and how to make it better, then do we have the Sicker Fatter Poorer show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Leonardo Trasande, internationally renowned leader in children’s environmental heath and the author of a brilliant…albeit unsettling book on endocrine disrupters and health, Sicker Fatter Poorer.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, the urgent threat of hormone-disrupting chemicals to our health and future and what we can do about it.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. LEONARDO TRASANDE:
MORE ON DR. LEONARDO TRASANDE MD, MPP:
He is the Jim G. Hendrick MD Associate Professor, Director of the Division of Environmental Pediatrics and Vice Chair for Research in the Department of Pediatrics at NYU School of Medicine. He also serves on the faculty of the NYU Wagner School of Public Service and the NYU College of Global Public Health.
Dr. Trasande is an internationally renowned leader in environmental health. His research focuses on the impacts of chemicals on hormones in our bodies. He also has led the way in documenting the economic costs for policy makers of failing to prevent diseases of environmental origin proactively.
He is perhaps best known for a series of studies published in Lancet Diabetes and Endocrinology and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism that document disease costs due to endocrine disrupting chemicals in the US and Europe of $340 billion and €163 billion annually, respectively. For information about this work, READ MORE
He is also Principal Investigator for a research project comparing neurodevelopment, cardiometabolic, and respiratory profiles of children exposed in utero to the World Trade Center disaster to a comparison group. READ MORE
- How’d Dr. Trasande end up in public health policy from Harvard?
- What was the Endocrine Disrupting Chemical Disease Burden Working Group?
- What did they learn about endocrine disprupting chemicals and why is this so important for us?
- What’s the difference between a playground in 1962 and one today?
- What are the chemicals with the strongest evidence of health effects?
- What are some of the potential side-effects?
- What is endocrine disruption?
- What’s the difference in these chemicals between the US and Europe?
- What’s happening to our babies?
- What is the connection between chemicals, diabetes, and obesity?
- What do we need to know about BPA, and are the replacements any better?
- What’s wrong with the concept “everything in moderation”?
- What’s going on with autism in kids (and especially boys) today?
- What do we need to know about thyroid hormones especially in newborns?
- What can you tell us about pesticides in the brain?
- Key ways we can remove these chemicals and improve our lives
- What’s a natural mattress and truly natural materials?
- What’s wrong with flame retardants?
- What do we need to know about packaged foods?
- Are plastic containers safe?
- What about non-stick pans?
- What do we need to know about ADHD and Autism?
- What’s wrong with canned foods?
- What are obesogens?
- What’s a chemical whak-a-mole?
- How do we protect our kids?
- To find out more visit:www.leotrasande.com
How to Detox Body, Mind & Soul & Save Your Teeth The Ayurvedic Way! (Dr. Kalpna Ranadive)
INSPIRE #855: HOW TO RELEASE NEGATIVE EMOTIONS & SET YOURSELF FREE! (Sherianna Boyle, “Emotional Detox”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment