INSPIRE #256: Why What’s IN the Way, IS the Way, Turning Struggle Into Joy + Guided Meditation!
Mary O’Malley Shares How to Move Past Struggle, Heartache & Pain & Find Joy & Happiness in Each Moment! + Guided Meditation!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY MARY O’MALLEY:
Today I’ll talk with Mary O’Malley, author, counselor, and a leader in the field of awakening according to Neal Donald Walsh, Sharon Salzberg Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, and many, many more. She’s also the author of a beautiful new book, What’s in the Way Is the Way: A Practical Guide for Waking Up to Life.
And today we’ll talk about transforming fear into clarity, healing beliefs that get you stuck, and moving through struggle into living fully in life.
That plus we’ll talk about the power of breath, butterflies and aliens, what we can learn from picking a strawberry, the YOU turn, “I see you” vs. the ICU, and why monsters sometimes have pink fingernails.
MORE ON MARY O’MALLEY:
Mary O’Malley is an author, counselor and awakening mentor in Kirkland, Washington. In the early 1970’s, a powerful awakening led Mary to begin changing her relationship with her challenges, freeing her from a lifelong struggle with self-judgment, shame and despair. Mary’s latest book, What’s in the Way Is the Way, provides a revolutionary approach for healing your fears, anxieties, shame, and confusion, so you can live from a place of ease and well-being. www.maryomalley.com
Book Website: http://www.whatsintheway.com
- What’s a black ball of struggle?
- How she was a failure at life because she was even a failure at suicide
- How her belief shifted from believing she was bad and she was wrong
- Why the heart says there’s nothing to be fixed.
- How the heart-brain (such as the work from the Heart-Math Institute) views the world.
- How we can see our addiction to struggle
- What are the spells our brain is under
- How do we use our heart brain to move past fear
- How to move past the 65000 thoughts we have today (that are typically glued together with fear and judgment)
- How to follow the thread of our compulsions.
- She wrote ‘The Gift of Our Compulsions’ why our compulsions are our gifts
- How there’s such an intelligence in the universe
- How to move past dread
- How to move past the belief that you’re not doing life enough, or doing it right enough
- What are the three hidden spells of life?
- Why we feel we’re wrong, unworthy or bad
- What is the greatest fear of all human beings
- What’s the “you turn”
- What it means to be given the exact set of circumstances you need (from Eckhart)
- Why the challenges are part of the process, whether financial, physical, relational, or compulsions
- Why life is set up to bring up what has been bound up…
- What would life be like to realize that your financial difficulties
- How to fix your financial difficulties by healing your heart
- Why Pema Chodron, the Buddhist nun says “when something has taught you everything it’s here to teach you, it will leave”
- Why it’s so important to be able to listen to ourselves – a mindfulness practice
- How to learn how to work better with your child/children
- Maya Angelou – if you want to raise really healthy and grounded children, have your eyes light up at least once a day when we come in the room.
- How to learn to light up with ourselves
- How to heal the wars inside of you to be a healing presence, to heal our world, one person at a time.
- A brief guided meditation / visualization
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.