If you’ve ever wondered how to make a real difference in the world, then do we have the Love Anyway show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Jeremy Courtney, one of the world’s true heroes and the epitome of an open-hearted warrior, the founder, and CEO of Preemptive Love Coalition, a relief and job creation community working to end war, and the author of one most powerful life-changing and must-read books, “Love Anyway”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how and why to end war, the real work on the inside, and what in the world is preemptive love?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY JEREMY COURTNEY:
MORE ON JEREMY COURTNEY:
Jeremy Courtney is founder and president of Preemptive Love Coalition, an international relief organization engaging on the frontlines of the world’s most polarizing conflicts in Iraq and Syria. A decade ago, at the height of the Iraq War, Jeremy and his wife, Jessica Courtney, chose to move to Iraq. Rather than turn away from chaos and conflict, they were going to lean in and love anyway.
There, Jeremy met a little girl who was dying of a heart defect. Soon he discovered thousands more like her, all waiting in line for surgeries their country couldn’t provide. That’s when Preemptive Love Coalition began. Over the next several years, Preemptive Love provided lifesaving medical care for thousands of children and hands-on training for local medical staff, empowering them to be the long-term solution to Iraq’s child health crisis.
Everything changed when ISIS stormed across Iraq in 2014, killing anyone who stood in their way and forcing millions to flee. With militants on their doorstep and other aid organizations pulling out of Iraq, Jeremy, his family, and Preemptive Love chose to stay. As a sought-after speaker from the camera to the conference stage, Jeremy travels the globe, inviting people from all backgrounds to reach across “enemy” lines and choose love over fear. He has been featured on CNN, FOX, ABC, NBC, PBS, CBS, Al-Jazeera, the BBC, and in the New York Times, Washington Post, and USA Today, offering expert, on-the-ground commentary on conflict in the Middle East.
Jeremy’s first book, Preemptive Love, tells the story of the Courtney’s early years waging peace in Iraq. He recently released his second book, Love Anyway, a book about war.
Jeremy Courtney Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- What did 9/11 mean to you? (03:25)
- How did grandpa no-no’s path affect the trajectory of your life? (05:22)
- Seeing people do triple flips in war zones and former war zones: How love and pain changes us (08:03)
- The mission in Turkey and what it was all about (09:50)
- A Jesus way of living and how it cracked his heart (13:05)
- Experiencing a profound spiritual experience and stumbling into a higher way (15:08)
- What in the world made you visit Iraq? (20:26)
- What the people were like in Iraq and his journey of assimilating into the new norm (27:45)
- Who is brother B and how did he influence your life? (30:47)
- Loving first and asking questions later: Jeremy’s brand of religion (35:10)
- What happened when the genocide started? (46:42)
- How responding quick in times of violence actually stops the spread of violence from one person to another (50:00)
- Can you carry us forward in the timeline of 2014 to approximately today in Iraq? (54:24)
- What do you mean by something is wrong with our maps and our way? (58:47)
- Diving in on the inside on an individual and group basis of seeing the richness within rather than just the topography that we think we’re seeing on the surface (1:04:26)
- There are no victims on the other side of preemptive love (1:07:23)
INSPIRE #1112: HOW TO LOVE THE HATERS! (Matt Kahn, “Everything Is Here To Help You”)
INSPIRE # 704: THE POWER OF LIVING WITH A WIDE-OPEN HEART & HOW TO DO IT! (Scott Stabile, “Big Love”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment