If you’ve ever wanted to know the purpose of life and why you’re here, then do we have the Brother John show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with August Turak, award winning author, speaker, contributor for Forbes.com, and the BBC, founder of the Self Knowledge Symposium Foundation, author of Business Secrets of the Trappist months, and one of the most beautiful, meaningful books I’ve ever read, Brother John.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about a monk, a pilgrim and the purpose of life!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY AUGUST TURAK:
MORE ON AUGUST TURAK:
AUGUST TURAK is an award-winning author, speaker, consultant and contributor for Forbes. com and the BBC. He is also the founder of the spiritual and educational nonprofit the Self Knowledge Symposium Foundation (SKSF). August retired as a successful entrepreneur and corporate executive. He attributes much of his success to living and working alongside the Trappist monks of Mepkin Abbey since 1996. As a frequent monastic guest, he learned firsthand from the monks as they grew an incredibly successful portfolio of businesses. His book, Business Secrets of the Trappist Monks, was published in 2013 by Columbia Business School Publishing. When he is not praying and working alongside the Trappist monks of Mepkin Abbey, he works with his nonprofit and lives on a seventy-five-acre farm near Raleigh, North Carolina.
- What are happy accidents?
- What happened to August after jumping out of an airplane?
- What was his dark night of the soul?
- How did August end up working for MTV before they even launched?
- How did he go from being a CEO to cleaning monastery toilets?
- What did he learn when he first went to a Trappist Monastery?
- What does he mean that work is a form or prayer?
- What does it mean that everything is sacred?
- Who is Brother John and what is his magical umbrella?
- What can we learn from Brother John?
- What is the true purpose of our life?
- Why are we so scared to see what the purpose is of our individual lives?
- How do we dive into our purpose?
- What is the truth of the meaning of life?
- What’s the importance of self-commitment, and to what???
- What are the biggest lies?
- What are we so afraid of?
- What does it mean to act on faith?
- What is grace?
- What’s the importance of living a meaningful life?
- What does it mean “Trappist monks don’t just make success happen, they let success happen”
- What can we learn about business success from Trappist monks???
- What can we learn from near death experiences about the meaning of life???
- For more info visit: www.AugustTurak.com
INSPIRE #933: DISCOVER YOUR PURPOSE FROM THE WAY OF THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR! + Guided Meditation (Dan Millman, “The Life You Were Born To Live”)
INSPIRE #713: FIND YOUR PURPOSE, PATH & DIRECTION THRU THE POWER OF MORNING PAGES! (Julia Cameron, “Life Lessons”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment