MORE ON STEVE TAYLOR, PhD:
Steve Taylor is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University and the author of several best-selling books on psychology and spirituality. For the last four years he has been included (this year at no. 62) in Mind Body Spirit magazine’s list of the ‘100 most spiritually influential living people.’ His books include Waking From Sleep, The Fall, Out of the Darkness, Back to Sanity, and his latest book The Calm Center. His books have been published in 19 languages, while his articles and essays have been published in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers, including Philosophy Now, Tikkun, The Daily Express, The Journal of Humanistic Psychology and others. He regularly appears in the media in the UK and has recently been featured on BBC Radio 5, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC World TV, and BBC World Service radio.
Eckhart Tolle has described his work as ‘an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.’ Steve’s book ‘The Calm Center’ was published through Eckhart’s own publishing imprint. This is also the case with his new book, The Leap: The Psychology of Spiritual Awakening, which was published in March 2017.
Steve lives in Manchester, England, with his wife and three young children.
Steve Taylor, PhD Online: Website | Twitter
- What did Steve’s family worship (hint, it’s not a religion) growing up?
- How did he first end up experiencing meditation?
- How did meditation change Steve’s world view?
- What is science vs. scientism?
- Is science almost its own religion?
- How are spirituality and science intertwined?
- What is materialism and why is it the predominant world view?
- What is panspiritualism?
- What are the dangers of materialism?
- What are the environmental consequences of materialism?
- What is eco-psychopathology?
- How long has panspiritualism been around?
- What did Plato say about spiritualism and science?
- What’s the indigineous spiritual perspective?
- Is this perspective still around today?
- What is spirit force?
- What does complexity have to do with consciousness?
- What is the mind and how does it differ from the brain?
- Is the mind local to the body?
- What does a full hippocampus have to do with anything?
- What can we learn from near death experiences?
- What are “awakening” experiences?
- What does science say about psychic phenomena?
- What does the research really say about depression?
- For More Info Visit: www.StevenMTaylor.com
INSPIRE #588: HOW TO LEAP TOWARD ENLIGHTENMENT! + Guided Meditation (Steve Taylor, PhD, “The LEAP”)
INSPIRE #694: THE BRAIN SCIENCE BEHIND MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS – AND HOW TO BEGIN! Culadasa (John Yates, PhD) “The Mind Illuminated”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.