MORE ON STEVE TAYLOR, PhD:
Steve Taylor is a senior lecturer in psychology at Leeds Beckett University, and the author of several best-selling books on psychology and spirituality. For the last four years he has been included (this year at no. 62) in Mind, Body, Spirit magazine’s list of the ‘100 most spiritually influential living people.’ His books include Waking From Sleep, The Fall, Out of the Darkness, Back to Sanity, and his latest book The Calm Center. His books have been published in 19 languages, while his articles and essays have been published in over 40 academic journals, magazines and newspapers, including Philosophy Now, Tikkun, The Daily Express, The Journal of Humanistic Psychology and others. He regularly appears in the media in the UK, and has recently been featured on BBC Radio 5, BBC Radio Scotland, BBC World TV, and BBC World Service radio.
Eckhart Tolle has described his work as ‘an important contribution to the shift in consciousness which is happening on our planet at present.’ Steve’s book ‘The Calm Center’ was published through Eckhart’s own publishing imprint. This is also the case with his new book, The Leap: The Psychology of Spiritual Awakening, which was published in March 2017.
Steve lives in Manchester, England, with his wife and three young children.
Steve Taylor, PhD Online: Website | Twitter
- What was spirituality like in Steve Taylor’s family growing up.
- What happened to Steve Taylor around 16?
- What happened when Steve discovered transcendental meditation?
- How did Steve begin studying (transpersonal psychology) enlightenment and awakening experiences?
- What became Steve’s burning mission in life.
- What can we learn from Van Morrison’s music
- What was Van Morrison’s music saying about higher states of consciosuness?
- How was a rock n’ roll lifestyle hurting his spiritual path?
- What can near-death experiences do to people?
- What can a diagnosis of cancer do to someone?
- What is the collective awakening going on today?
- What are some major characterless of pre-historic and indigenous people’s experiences of the world?
- What’s the danger of separateness?
- What does it mean to sleep versus awaken?
- What’s temporary wakefulness?
- How do most people temporarily awaken?
- What are common themes among all spiritual traditions?
- What’s the awakening story of Russell Williams?
- What is post-traumatic transformation?
- What’s a shifter?
- What’s a natural state of beingness?
- How to have more of a connection with everyone around us?
- How do we move from accumulating to contributing?
- What is a kundalini awakening?
- What it means to be incredibly present?
- What does it mean that children don’t experience separateness?
- Why kids live in a timeless state – and what this really means?
- Why is time so expansive for children?
- Are kids wired for compassion and altruism?
- What’s the importance of meditation on this journey?
- What’s the importance of detachment?
- What else can we do to help us on our path toward awakening?
INSPIRE #506: HOW SPIRITUALITY CHANGES THE BRAIN!!! (Dr. Andrew Newberg, “How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain”)
INSPIRE #568: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR BRAIN FOR BREAKTHROUGH IDEAS! + Guided Meditation (Olivia Fox Cabane & Judah Pollack, “The Net And The Butterfly”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.