If you’ve ever wanted to feel greater freedom and peace with the shape of your body, then do we have the Physical Disobedience show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Sarah Hays Coomer, a certified personal trainer, wellness coach, “diet abolitionist,” and the author of Lightness of Body and Mind. And her latest to set you free, Physical Disobedience.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about an unruly guide to health, stamina, busting through paradigms, taking control of our lives, and making great change in the world!
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY SARAH HAYS COOMER:
MORE ON SARAH HAYS COOMER:
Sarah Hays Coomer is a self-proclaimed “diet abolitionist” and a lover of all things sugared, salted, fried, or dipped in dark chocolate. She is a Certified Personal Trainer with the National Strength and Conditioning Association; a member of the American College of Sports Medicine; and a certified Nutrition and Wellness Consultant and Pre/Postnatal Fitness Specialist with the American Fitness Professionals Association. She kind of likes to exercise, kind of not. You can find her at www.strengthoutsidein.com, on Twitter @strengthoutside, or Instagram @strengthoutsidein.
- What was Sarah’s relationship with food and dieting growing up?
- What does it mean to access your body and make peace with it?
- What is physical disobedience?
- What can we learn from the Dove study about our body image?
- What happened to her stomach?
- How did she become a physical trainer?
- What can we learn from physical training about our bodies?
- What does it mean that beauty has nothing to do with the pursuit of perfection?
- What does it mean to squander away our lives by picking our bodies to pieces?
- What can we learn from She-Ra?
- What does it mean to give our mice a microphone?
- What’s a health opportunist and why should we become one?
- How can helping our bodies help us with stress?
- What is the myth between exercise and weight loss?
- What’s the importance of focusing on our breath?
- What’s the truth about social media?
- What’s the importance of stopping doing what you feel you’re supposed to be doing?
- What’s the importance of being aimless?
- What can we learn from Felix Ivanov and Tai Chi?
- What’s the importance of being soft?
- What can we learn from 96 year old Lois Lee Frauchiger?
- What was her philosophy of acceptance?
INSPIRE #218: The Proven Power of Mindful Self-Compassion & Why It’s So Important + Guided Meditation (Kristin Neff, PhD)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment