If you’ve ever wanted to make big changes in your life, then do we have the Liminal Thinking show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dave Gray, founder of Xplane, and the author of two previous books on design change and innovation, Gamestorming, and The Connected Company, and his latest, Liminal Thinking: Create the Change You Want by Changing the Way You Think.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about creating the change you want by changing the way you think.
That plus we’ll talk about lemonade and Somalia, what in the world’s falsifiability, the power of baking cookies, late night video games and routers, the power of a cup of tea, why you’d want to put crackers in a bed, and why in the world spitfire wasn’t really doomed.
MORE ON DAVE GRAY:
Dave Gray has spent his life asking questions and drawing pictures of the answers. This has led to a life of learning and explaining. In 1993 he founded XPLANE, the visual thinking company, to put this practice to use in the business world. Although Dave has probably visualized and explained more new technologies, business strategies, and processes than anyone on the planet, he keeps asking questions.
Dave Gray Online: Website | Twitter |Linkedin
- What is xplane?
- What is the word liminal?
- What is visual problem-solving?
- What does it mean change happens at the boundary of things?
- What does it mean beliefs are constructions?
- What does it mean the obvious is not obious?
- What’s the danger of confusing beliefs with “reality”
- What does it mean beliefs cause behavior?
- What’s a doom loop?
- How do beliefs create blind-spots?
- What’s the importance of assuming we’re not objective?
- What is falsifiability?
- What’s the importance of triangulation?
- What does it mean to disrupt routines
- And what’s the importance of disruptors?
- Why would you want to put crackers in a bed?
- What’s the importance of taking a risk?
INSPIRE #142: How to Embrace Big Changes – Even If Unwanted – And Come Out Shining Bright!!! (CJ Liu, Fire It Up With CJ)
INSPIRE #506: HOW SPIRITUALITY CHANGES THE BRAIN!!! (Dr. Andrew Newberg, “How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.