INSPIRE #524: HOW TO CREATE THE CHANGE YOU WANT!
Dave Gray on How to Use Liminal Thinking to Challenge Your Beliefs & Make Great Changes!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY DAVE GRAY:
If you’ve ever wanted to make big changes in your life, then do we have the Liminal Thinking show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dave Gray, founder of Xplane, and the author of two previous books on design change and innovation, Gamestorming, and The Connected Company, and his latest, Liminal Thinking: Create the Change You Want by Changing the Way You Think.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about creating the change you want by changing the way you think.
That plus we’ll talk about lemonade and Somalia, what in the world’s falsifiability, the power of baking cookies, late night video games and routers, the power of a cup of tea, why you’d want to put crackers in a bed, and why in the world spitfire wasn’t really doomed.
MORE ON DAVE GRAY:
Dave Gray has spent his life asking questions and drawing pictures of the answers. This has led to a life of learning and explaining. In 1993 he founded XPLANE, the visual thinking company, to put this practice to use in the business world. Although Dave has probably visualized and explained more new technologies, business strategies, and processes than anyone on the planet, he keeps asking questions.
- What is xplane?
- What is the word liminal?
- What is visual problem-solving?
- What does it mean change happens at the boundary of things?
- What does it mean beliefs are constructions?
- What does it mean the obvious is not obious?
- What’s the danger of confusing beliefs with “reality”
- What does it mean beliefs cause behavior?
- What’s a doom loop?
- How do beliefs create blind-spots?
- What’s the importance of assuming we’re not objective?
- What is falsifiability?
- What’s the importance of triangulation?
- What does it mean to disrupt routines
- And what’s the importance of disruptors?
- Why would you want to put crackers in a bed?
- What’s the importance of taking a risk?
INSPIRE #142: How to Embrace Big Changes – Even If Unwanted – And Come Out Shining Bright!!! (CJ Liu, Fire It Up With CJ)
INSPIRE #506: HOW SPIRITUALITY CHANGES THE BRAIN!!! (Dr. Andrew Newberg, “How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment