If you’ve ever wanted a more beautiful and meaningful life, then do we have the ordinary goodness show for you.
Today I’m speaking with Edward Viljoen, author of the Power of Meditation, senior minster at the Center for Spiritual Living in Santa Rosa California, and the author of a dumbfoundingly beautiful new read, Ordinary Goodness.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about the surprisingly effortless path to creating a life of meaning and beauty.
That plus we’ll talk about Easter eggs and bicycle seats, the importance of a cup of tea, the importance of oh that is terrible, and oh for goodness sake, Bobby Mcpherrin and the 23rd Psalm, and what in the world blue parakeets and yellow ones, have to do with anything.
MORE ON EDWARD VILJOEN:
Rev. Dr. Edward Viljoen discovered Science of Mind while reading a book on a flight from his native South Africa to the United States. Upon arriving, he searched for the nearest Religious Science Church and immediately enrolled in the available classes.
During his training as a Practitioner and then minister, he served in the World Ministry of Prayer and trained volunteers to staff the prayer lines. He was the author of the Ernest Holmes Study Guide in the Science of Mind magazine for many years. He was ordained in May 1996 and graduated as a Sonoma County Law Enforcement Chaplain in April 1999. In 2003, he was awarded an honorary Doctoral Degree in Divinity from Holmes Institute. He served as chairperson of the team responsible for guiding the Religious Science movement through its organizational restructuring. He has been senior minister of the Center for Spiritual Living, Santa Rosa since 1995.
Edward Viljoen Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- What happened growing up in South Africa during the Apartheid Regime
- How yoga and meditation helped him hone his practice.
- What’s the importance of a practice?
- Where does mindfulness fit into things?
- When to surrender and when to step forward
- How do I balance choice and intuition?
- What’s the value of having a spiritual practice?
- How Edward Viljoen got interested in Meister Eckhart
- What is goodness?
- What is ordinary goodness and how does it bring balance to our lives
- What is the paradox of being?
- How does goodness lead to kindness leading to compassion lead to faith which leads to goodness as well
- What’s the importance of “what would goodness do?”
- What he witnessed at age 19 that changed his life
- What does it mean to lean into life with compassion?
- How he became a law enforcement chaplain with the Sonoma Law Enforcement (interfaith) Chaplaincy
- What’s the story of the Good Samaritan?
- What is true altruism?
- What’s his restaurant practice?
- What it means to live inside the attitude of thanks
- What’s the importance of practicing gratitude and silent thank you’s
- What’s it mean to view the world with awe?
- How do we make kindness a practice?
- What does empathy truly mean?
- What the eyes have to do with listening
- What is the compassion of self-kindness?
- What is “The mystery”
- What is ordinary faith?
INSPIRE #470: HOW TO NURTURE YOUR SOUL THRU NATIVE AMERICAN WISDOM! (Robin Kimmerer, “Braiding Sweetgrass”)
INSPIRE #403: HOW TO GET GUIDANCE FROM YOUR SOUL!!! + Meditation! (Colleen Mauro, “Spiritual Telepathy”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.