If you’ve ever wondered why we’re truly here, the purpose of life, and what eastern traditions can teach us about our existence, then do we have The Secret Doctrine Show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Mitch Horowitz, PEN award winning writer and vice-president and editor in chief at Tarcher Perigee about one of the most difficult, confounding, and perhaps important books, I’ve ever read, or should I say, have started to read…because this one’s gonna take some time, The Secret Doctrine, but Madame H.P Blavatsky.
Today we’re going to talk about divine wisdom, universal truths, and what we can all learn from a document over a hundred years old, that’s still millennia ahead of its time.
Check out Mitch’s Videos on Who was Madame Blavatsky: https://bullshit.ist/who-was-madame-hp-blavatsky-36f687e5e375#.lfbzuclm3
MORE ON MITCH HOROWITZ
Mitch Horowitz is a writer and publisher with a lifelong interest in man’s search for meaning. The PEN Award-winning author of Occult America and One Simple Idea, Mitch has written on everything from the war on witches to the secret life of Ronald Reagan for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Salon, and Time. The Washington Post says Mitch “treats esoteric ideas and movements with an even-handed intellectual studiousness that is too often lost in today’s raised-voice discussions.” He is also the voice of popular audio books including Alcoholics Anonymous and The Jefferson Bible, and host of the web series ORIGINS: SUPERSTITIONS. Mitch is vice president and executive editor at Tarcher Perigee, a division of Penguin Random House. Visit him at www.MitchHorowitz.com.
Mitch Horowitz Online: Website | Twitter
Mitch Horowitz Video’s on Who was Madame Blavatsky: https://bullshit.ist/who-was-madame-hp-blavatsky-36f687e5e375#.lfbzuclm3
- Who was Madame Blavatsky and what was her influence on the West?
- How did Madame Blavatsky make her way from Russian Nobility to the East and then the West
- What was spirituality like in the UK and the US in the 1850’s?
- Why did she feel the US would be the hot bed of spirituality in the decades and beyond to come
- What she felt about all religions that had been forgotten
- What was her mission along with Henry Steel Alcott?
- How Ghandi came to study (briefly) under Madame Blavatsky?
- What does Occult really mean?
- What are the three basic truths?
- What’s the one divine principle?
- What does New Age really mean, and why it’s not an insult
- What’s the “oversoul” that Ralph Waldo Emerson talked about?
- What’s the cyclical concept of the nature of the universe?
- What did she forsee about California in the future?
- What it means we’re not the first version of humanity
- What were Madame Blavatsky’s thoughts on reincarnation
- What were her thoughts on politics?
INSPIRE #432: HOW TO CRANK UP THE POSITIVITY! + Meditation! (Mitch Horowitz)
INSPIRE #258: The Power of Positive Thinking + Guided Meditation! (Mitch Horowitz, “One Simple Idea”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.