If you’ve ever wondered how whether positive thought works, or if focusing on happiness does more harm then good then do we have the New Thought show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Mitch Horowitz, PEN Award-winning historian and one of the true behind-the-scenes leaders in the new thought movement today. He’s the author, co-author, and editor of too many books to mention, and a favorite of mine, One Simple Idea: How the Lessons of Positive Thinking Can Transform Your Life.
Today we’re going to talk about losing the war on unhappiness, what it means, what we can do about it, and how we can still use positive thinking to help transform our lives.
That plus we’ll talk about what’s wrong with the law of attraction, what in the world happened with the secret, challenging moves to Long Island, where to find pink heart-shaped buckets, and what in the world Norman Vincent Peale, has to do with today, literally.
MORE ON MITCH HOROWITZ
Mitch Horowitz is a writer and publisher with a lifelong interest in man’s search for meaning. The PEN Award-winning author of Occult America and One Simple Idea, Mitch has written on everything from the war on witches to the secret life of Ronald Reagan for The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Salon, and Time. The Washington Post says Mitch “treats esoteric ideas and movements with an even-handed intellectual studiousness that is too often lost in today’s raised-voice discussions.” He is also the voice of popular audio books including Alcoholics Anonymous and The Jefferson Bible, and host of the web series ORIGINS: SUPERSTITIONS. Mitch is vice president and executive editor at Tarcher Perigee, a division of Penguin Random House. Visit him at www.MitchHorowitz.com.
Mitch Horowitz Online: Website | Twitter
- Is positivity thinking dead?
- What does Norman Vincent Peale have to do with current events today
- What can we learn from Paul Selig
- What positive movement is for all of us
- Has the war against unhappiness been lost?
- What’s going on in the positive psychology movement?
- Is positive psychology dead?
- What’s going on in the positive psychology world?
- What are the latest studies showing?
- What’s the Dalai Lama effect?
- What can we learn from Emile Coue
- What do we do when we hit a wall in our subconscious?
- How do we move past the blocks of our subconscious?
- Tina Turner Chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
- What does it mean we don’t really want what we think we want.
- What happened to Mitch’s family when he was a child – and how manifestation helped
- What can we learn from Roy Jarrett and the 3-step miracle
- What is ‘It Works’
- What’s the importance of Gratitude
- What’s a ‘morning connection’
- What’s the importance of a 3 PM prayer or meditation?
- What is the divine mercy devotion?
- What did Neville Goddard say about 3 PM?
INSPIRE #258: The Power of Positive Thinking + Guided Meditation! (Mitch Horowitz, “One Simple Idea”)
Learn the Secret to Living a Truly Amazing Life – No Matter What! (Aaron Kennard, The Positive Thinking Secret)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.