INSPIRE #376: SLEEP YOUR WAY TO A SEXIER, SLIMMER YOU!
Shawn Stevenson of The Model Health Show on The Power of Great Sleep & How to Get It!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY SHAWN STEVENSON:
If you’ve ever wanted to feel healthier, more rested, sharper of mind, and get a fantastic night’s rest, then do we have the sleep smarter show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Shawn Stevenson, founder of The Model Health Show, and author of the best-seller Sleep Smarter: 21 Essential Strategies to Sleep Your Way to A Better Body, Better Health, and Bigger Success.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about essential strategies to sleep your way to a better body, better health, and bigger success.
That plus we’ll talk about madden football, why we want to sleep through the melatonin show, why we want to bring back cortisol and David Hasselhoff, why it’s not cool to wear shades, the hormonal goodfellas, the power of the Big O, why position matters, and you should beware the midnight strangler.
MORE ON SHAWN STEVENSON:
Shawn Stevenson is a bestselling author and creator of The Model Health Show, featured as the #1 Nutrition and Fitness podcast on iTunes. A graduate of The University of Missouri – St. Louis with a background in biology and kinesiology, Shawn went on to be the founder of Advanced Integrative Health Alliance, a successful company that provides Wellness Services for both individuals and organizations worldwide. Shawn is also a dynamic keynote speaker who has spoken for *TEDx*, universities, and numerous organizations with outstanding reviews.
Shawn Stevenson Online: Website | Facebook
Get free bonus 21 video series: http://www.sleepsmarterbook.com
The Model Health Show podcast: http://www.themodelhealthshow.com
- How do we make sleep sexy?
- How do we get more quality out of your sleep
- How to optimize your sleep
- Eric Thomas – had no idea was optimizing his sleep
- What in the world is twinkie sleep?
- How do you get more nutrition out of your sleep
- What’s pseudo sleep?
- Why do we need to get the light down?
- What’s going on in our brain when we sleep
- What’s going on with the hypothalamus
- What’s the glymphatic system?
- How do we move past the fear of missing out
- What is serotonin and what does it have to do with sleep?
- Why a twinkie can trash your sleep
- What does melatonin have to do with anything?
- Why is it important to walk first thing in the morning
- What’s the deal with cortisol, and why has it gotten a bad rap?
- Why is i.flux of f.lux?
- What can we learn about sleep and weight-loss
- What’s crucial to know about caffeine and sleep
- What does cold have to do with sleep
- What they do in Finland and Sweden for babies to sleep
- What’s it mean to sleep cool but rock socks
- What ayurvedic medicine has to do with sleep
- What’s the danger of the graveyard shift?
- What’s the connection between staying up late and high blood pressure
- What staying up late has to do with fat
- Why proper sleep is more impactful on health and appearance than diet and exercise combined
- What’s the importance of the big ‘o’ and sleep
- What are the benefits of meditation and sleep
- Why meditation makes such a big different with your sleep
- Why meditation breathing, or mindfulness and breathing improves your sleep
- Why is grounding or ‘earthing’ so important for your sleep – vitamin G (for ground)
- What advice for parents to help kids / children sleep at night
INSPIRE #323: HOW TO SLEEP BETTER & FEEL MORE RESTED! (CJ Liu & Michael Sandler)
INSPIRE #241: How to Get Happier, Healthier, Sleep Better & Leave Your Stress Behind! (Dr. John Douillard, LifeSpa)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment