INSPIRE #212: How to Find Inner Peace through Open-Hearted Awareness + Guided Meditation!
If you’ve ever wondered what it means to wake up, to have a spiritual awakening, or why so many people are doing it around us, then do we have the show for you! Today I’ll be talking with Loch Kelly, psychotherapist and meditation expert and the author of “Shift into Freedom”.
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY LOCH KELLY:
If you’ve ever wondered what it means to wake up, to have a spiritual awakening, or why so many people are doing it around us, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Loch Kelly, psychotherapist and meditation expert and the author of Shift into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Open-Hearted Awareness.
Today we’ll talk about waking up, what it is, what it means, how we can get there, and how we can tap into it on a daily basis.
That plus we’ll talk about the thinking channel, I’m no good FM, why where you go, we go, we all go with ego, plus zen and the art of archery, stupid meditation, 90 seconds of anger, and why as Shakespeare says, there are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
Visit http://www.lochkelly.org to get the book, sign up for online courses or upcoming events. Plus, audio of the 31 glimpse practices.
MORE ON LOCH KELLY:
Loch Kelly, M.Div., LCSW is the author of Shift into Freedom: The Science and Practice of Open-Hearted Awareness, which was named a Top 10 Book of the Year by Spirituality & Health Magazine. He is an educator, psychotherapist and recognized leader in the field of meditation who was asked to teach by Mingyur Rinpoche and Adyashanti. Loch counseled family members of 9/11. He is the founder of the non-profit Open-Hearted Awareness Institute. Loch collaborates with neuroscientists at Yale, UPenn and NYU to study how awareness training can enhance compassion and wellbeing.
- How to intentionally shift (without needing a cosmic 2×4)
- How three deaths in a row (and the pain that ensued) helped Loch to shift
- Why awakening isn’t about going off to a cave or a monastery (and you can still have a wife and a cat…named Duffey)
- How awakening leads you to being more fully human
- Studying with Adyanshanti, Mingyur Rinpoche and Tsoknyi Rinpoche
- How he was taught the Sutra Mahamudra (and how that helps us)
- What is awake awareness?
- What is ‘stupid meditation’?
- Do we need years of meditation practice to get to this place?
- Is there always a calmness inside of us?
- How this is waking up to your true nature
- Why we want to become aware of the space between the crickets – and what in the world that means
- Meditation 101 for awake awareness
- Who does this compare with mindfulness?
- What’s the difference between heart mindfulness and head mindfulness
- A practice/meditation on how to unhook from what’s creating a perpetual sense of dissatisfaction
- What happens after 90 seconds of anger?
- What are the ‘dangers’ of mindfulness, or the mindfulness ‘detox’
- What is a Charlie Brown ‘Good Grief’ period?
- What is a Dog Zen?
- A third guided meditation to help you gain awake awareness.
How to Go Beyond Mindfulness for Peace in Every Moment (Lama Surya Das, Make Me One with Everything)
How to Easily Use Mindfulness for Greater Inner Peace & Happiness (Joseph Emet)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment