INSPIRE #204: Why Great Relationships Need Great Fights & How to Do Them Right!
Bob & Judith Wright Share How to Fight Right For a Great Relationship & To Keep Your Marriage or Partnership Strong – Plus Dating Advice for Singles & a Guided Relationship Meditation!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY JUDITH WRIGHT, EdD & BOB WRIGHT EdD:
If you’ve ever struggled with fighting in relationships, keeping relationships, or keeping the peace in relationships, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Bob and Judith Wright, best-selling authors, human development experts, relationship FIGHT masters and authors of their latest masterpiece, The Heart of the Fight: A Couple’s Guide to Fifteen Common Fights, What They Really Mean, and How They Can Bring You Closer.
And that’s what we’ll be talking about today, about how fighting can be good for a relationship, incredibly healthy, and healing, if done well, and no that doesn’t mean always winning.
That plus we’ll talk about dueling over dollars, the hidden middle finger, making love and war, and how a day on Oprah can turn into the family feud.
MORE ON JUDITH WRIGHT & BOB WRIGHT:
Judith Wright, EdD, is a world-renowned couples and lifestyles coach, media favorite, inspirational speaker, lifestyles expert, professor, and corporate consultant. She is the award-winning coauthor of Transformed! and the best-selling author of There Must Be More Than This and The Soft Addiction Solution. Wright has appeared on 20/20, Oprah, Good Morning America, and Today; and in over 600 print and radio interviews, including the New York Post, Boston Herald, and San Francisco Chronicle. Wright is cofounder of the dynamic and innovative couples program at the Wright Foundation and the Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential, where she is also professor of transformational coaching.
Bob Wright, EdD, is an internationally recognized visionary, speaker, educator, consultant, coach, professor, and best-selling author. He cofounded the Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential to teach people to develop their vision and fulfill their dreams. Coauthor of the award-winning book Transformed! and several other books that have sold hundreds of thousands of copies globally, Wright is recognized as a top coach by Crain’s Business and has helped thousands of people across the country transform their careers, relationships, and lives. Wright is cofounder of the couples program at the Wright Foundation and the Wright Graduate University for the Realization of Human Potential, where he is also professor of transformational leadership.
Judith and Bob bring not only significant academic and research background to the couples skills they teach, but also real-world experience from a thriving and dynamic marriage. It’s not uncommon for the Wrights to be mistaken for newlyweds—even after thirty-plus years of marriage. They model a truth-telling, no-holds-barred, intimate relationship for all the couples they lead, teach, and train.
Go to http://www.heartofthefight.com to download free chapter!
DR. BOB WRIGHT
DR. JUDITH WRIGHT
- What happened on Oprah?
- Where is the only place you’re allowed to compete (in a relationship)?
- Why “good relationships require great fights”
- Why you’re avoiding intimacy when you’re avoiding fights
- Why fighting is engaging (and in the relationship fully)
- What are a few of the 15 types of fights that make or break relationships
- What’s the real fight over toilet seats?
- What does a fight over money really mean?
- What’s the ‘hidden middle finger’?
- What does the ‘you embarrassed me” fight really mean?
- How do we move past emotional scarring from past fights
- Why no one gets more than 50% of the blame
- Why time-outs aren’t just for kids
- Can you sense in a moment when you’re buttons are pushed that it may be good for you or the relationship?
- Does finding “the right one” or your “soulmate” mean you won’t fight?
- What is the “goal” of a relationship
- What the myth is to “love someone just the way they are”
- What’s the difference between acceptance and love?
- Why love is not a place, but instead love is life
- What does it mean “we fight because we yearn”?
- Why is active listening some of the worst relationship advice?
- Why it’s so important to be able to express and acknowledge the truth, always.
- Why the willingness to acknowledge the truth is so important
- How do we keep from going into a fight or flight lizard-like brain response when in the heat of the moment?
- How do you set up ground rules (such as a timeout) ahead of time.
- What’s the right ratio of constructive vs. ‘destructive’ interactions
- What are positive tools for engagement (in a fight)
- What is bidding for attention?
- What does it mean to pick a perfect prick?
- Why the right person might be a perfect prick?
- How these techniques help singles
- Why chemistry is so overrated
- Words of wisdom or advice for singles
- Why book tours (like a Barefoot Running book tour in a 2-seater with 2 dogs) is a great way to test your relationship
- What does it mean to get it up?
- What does emotional maturity mean and why is it so important?
- How do we become a couple and ‘individuate’ at the same time?
- Words of wisdom for parents and fighting?
- Why it may be important to fight in front of the children
- Why makeup sex may not be as it appears to be
- What is a soulmate myth?
- A guided ‘deep yearning’ meditation
How to Crack the Love Code for Better Romance, Sex & Happier Relationships (Dr. Sue Johnson, Love Sense)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment