If you’ve ever felt stressed, worried, freaked out, or burdened with concerns you just can’t let go of, or if it feels like a saber-tooth’s about to jump out at you, and there’s no where to hide, then do we have the destressifying show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Davidji, a true expert in the field of stress management, and authors of the Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace and Personal Transformationand his best-selling book destressifying: The Real-World Guide to Personal Empowerment, Lasting Fulfillment, and Peace of Mind.
Today we’ll be talking about destressifying your life, getting you out of the fight or flight, I’m about to be eating by a tiger-mode, and help you discover a path of de-stress, greater ease, and far more peace, no matter what you’re doing.
That plus destressifying at work, on the phone, on an airplane, and even before the TSA…
MORE ON DAVIDJI:
davidji is an internationally recognized stress-management expert, corporate trainer, meditation teacher, and author of the critically acclaimed and Amazon #1 Bestseller, destressifying: The Real-World Guide to Personal Empowerment, Lasting Fulfillment, and Peace of Mind; and Secrets of Meditation: A Practical Guide to Inner Peace & Personal Transformation, winner of the Nautilus Book Award. He is credited with creating the 21-day meditation process, which spawned hundreds of 21-day meditation experiences & challenges around the world. Often referred to as the Velvet Voice of Stillness, he can be heard on more than 500 guided meditations, available on iTunes, Amazon.com, HayHouse.com, GooglePlay, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud, & on davidji.com.
- How he left Zen after only two weeks.
- What happened to Davidji after 9/11
- How he went to study with (and later work for) Deepak Chopra.
- Why it doesn’t take 20 years of meditation to reach a place of peace.
- Can stress be good for us?
- Can you combat stress?
- How Eureka moments can turn us into Super-rats, or super people!
- What is destressifying?
- What do you do when the saber-tooth tiger emails you?
- How Elizabeth Blackburn, 2009 Winner of Noble Prize discovered Telomeres
- How pattern interrupts can make us happier
- How Joe Montana saved the Superbowl with a Mind-stopper!!!
- What’s the importance of the presence moment
- Why a spanner may be in the works!
- What is “tactical breathing” or sixteen seconds
- A brief mindfulness meditation to stop your mind and give you an instant chance to breathe.
- How sixteen seconds can give us the time we need to defuse and step back before we make a decision.
- How do we bring pause to people in war zones, or countries with war?
- How fight or flight can serve you, and how to tone it down when you need to.
- How do we rewire for greater awareness and to stop the fight or flight response, and all of it’s negative (cortisol, high blood pressure, heart disease, etc…) challenges.
- How do we interrupt the patterns in our mind
- How we can practice RPM – rise, pee and then meditate!
- A second brief meditation you can practice anytime to help you quiet your mind.
- How can we help cultivate self love.
- How he brought Blue Courage Awareness Training BCAT training for police officers.
- How we transform the world by transforming ourselves.
- How to send love to the TSA, and what to do to stay relaxed with airport security – particularly if you’re ‘randomly selected’
- A meta-kindness meditation
- About Peaches the Buddha Princes, a rescued Mindful Morkie – who has over 3000 friends on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/buddhaprincess/
- Several musicians who practice meditation.
- What’s a chocolate tasting meditation?
- com to join the sweetspot meditation community
- Why kindness matters.
- A kindness META guided meditation.
INSPIRE #143: How to Relax & Beat Stress by Changing Your Environment, Body, Nutrition & Brain! (Jeanne Ricks, The Biology of Beating Stress)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.