If you’ve ever wanted to feel brighter, more vibrant, healthier, and well-rested, then do we have the Chasing the Sun show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Linda Geddes, award-winning journalist and the author of one of my absolute favorite books of the year, Chasing the Sun.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today. About how the science of sunlight shapes our minds and our bodies. Plus we’ll talk about the joy of Caesar’s Palace, Arctic Reindeer, peas and jet lag, summer solstice, and what in the world chopping carrots in the dark has to do with anything.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY LINDA GEDDES:
MORE ON LINDA GEDDES:
Linda Geddes is a Bristol-based freelance journalist writing about biology, medicine and technology. Born in Cambridge, she graduated from Liverpool University with a first-class degree in Cell Biology. She spent nine years at New Scientist magazine working as a news editor, features editor and reporter, and remains a consultant to the magazine. Linda has received numerous awards for her journalism, including the Association of British Science Writers’ awards for Best Investigative Journalism. She is married with two young children, Matilda and Max.
- Getting interested in the sun despite living in a place known for its dark and dreary winters (02:49)
- Mark Galvin; The man with none 24-Hour sleep-wake disorder (08:18)
- Artificial light and how it affects our health and wellbeing (15:36)
- Bright light first thing in the morning as a treatment for seasonal affective disorder and general depression (24:05)
- What’s the light tracking watch? (32:33)
- Cases of medical prescriptions to stay away from the light (40:10)
- The impact that sunlight has on pregnant mothers and newborns (50:24)
- Advice for children in the light and schools potentially trying to get kids up later in the day (55:32)
- Advice for getting through winter; brighter days and darker nights (01:00:39)
INSPIRE #576: TURN YOUR BRAIN INTO A HIGH-PERFORMANCE HAPPINESS MACHINE! (Dr. Andrew Hill, “Peak Brain Institute”)
Secrets to Heart-Health Revealed by a Near-Death Experience! (Dr. Stephen Sinatra, Health Revelations from Heaven & Earth)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment