If you’ve ever wanted greater peace in your life, then do we have the From Suffering to Peace show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Mark Coleman, founder of the Mindfulness Training Institute and the Awake in the Wild programs, a senior teacher at Spirit Rock Meditation Center, and the author of a brilliant book on mindfulness, From Suffering to Peace.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, using mindfulness for greater peace in your life.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY MARK COLEMAN:
MORE ON MARK COLEMAN:
Mark Coleman is the author of Make Peace with Your Mind and Awake in the Wild. He is the founder of the Mindfulness Institute and has an MA in Clinical Psychology. Mark has guided students on five continents as a corporate consultant, counselor, meditation teacher, and wilderness guide. He lives in Northern California. Visit him online at MarkColeman.org.
- Is mindfulness becoming watered down?
- What exactly is mindfulness?
- What’s the danger of mindfulness being everywhere today?
- What’s the “Getting to Know Your Hands” exercise?
- How did Mark Coleman discover mindfulness (as a punk rocker!)?
- How does mindfulness help?
- When does mindfulness go beyond a concentrated attention?
- What’s the simplest way to cultivate mindfulness?
- What does our current work ethic and how we take care of our bodies have to do with mindfulness?
- What’s the importance of nature and time outdoors?
- What’s a “Body Scan” practice?
- How do we use mindfulness for physical pain?
- How do we find “Calm Refuge” if our bodies are in pain?
- How many thoughts do we have in a day?
- How do we find peace in the mind?
- How do we let go of a judging mind?
- How do we find peace in our hearts?
- What can we learn from Meister Eckhart’s “Dark Night of the Soul”?
- How do we cultivate self-compassion?
- How do we shift from judgment to kindness?
- What can we learn from Dr. Martin Luther King about cultivating peace?
- What’s the importance of being a steward of the Earth?
- To find out more visit Mark Coleman’s “We Protect What We Love” Facebook page.
- And check out Mark Coleman’s Mindfulness and Nature website: https://markcoleman.org/
INSPIRE #440: HOW TO MAKE PEACE WITH YOUR MIND! + Meditation! (Mark Coleman,”Make Peace With Your Mind”)
INSPIRE #1084: WHEN MANIFESTATION MEETS MINDFULNESS! HOW TO STRESS LESS & ACCOMPLISH MORE! (Emily Fletcher, “Stress Less, Accomplish More”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment