MORE ON RANDY TARAN:
Randy is the founder and CEO of Project Happiness. When her own child was suffering from stress and depression, this ignited a passion for sharing the best resources for helping others facing similar challenges. Randy and Maria Lineger co-authored the Project Happiness Handbook, delivering the best of positive psychology, neuroscience, and mindfulness in an easy to access and engaging format. This book has become the backbone of our leading social and emotional learning curriculum, serving coaches, counselors, students, and teachers in every state and over 120 countries.
Randy produced the award-winning documentary “Project Happiness” which brought together young people from three continents to ask one question – “What is the nature of lasting happiness?” They interviewed George Lucas, Richard Gere, neuroscientist Richard Davidson and ultimately, in Dharamsala, India, had an unforgettable private audience with the Dalai Lama.
Through Project Happiness, Randy’s dream of empowering people with the resources to create greater happiness within themselves and the world is coming to life. With a following of over 2.5 million people on social media alone, messages of hope and science-based strategies for greater well-being are reaching people when they need it most. In these stressful times, enhancing and tapping into our inner resources is more important than ever.
An expert in emotional resilience, her desire is to enlighten readers with the idea that all emotions are worthy of reflection and acceptance. Neuroscience reveals that to understand and utilize any emotion, we need to “name it to tame it.” It turns out that even the tough emotions can alert, protect, and fuel us forward, if we know how to learn from them. Emotional Advantage is Randy’s first personal development book.
Randy, who is thrilled to be doing this work, speaks regularly on well-being and youth-related issues, areas she covers on her regular blogs in the Huffington Post, ThriveGlobal, and in weekly videos on Facebook Live. She lives near Palo Alto with her family and well-loved dogs. Randy is a Yoga Alliance certified teacher who holds her MBA in International Business and Marketing from New York University. She knows deeply that greater happiness is possible and everything you need is inside of you.
Randy Taran Online: Website | Twitter
- What were the challenges facing Randy as a child?
- What were the emotional challenges of her family?
- How did her teenager’s unhappiness change her life?
- What is Project Happiness?
- What happened when Randy met the Dalai Lama?
- Why do we need to face all our emotions for true happiness?
- How do we train our brain for happiness?
- What’s the three step practice to amplify happiness according to Dr. Rick Hanson?
- What does the emotion of sadness have to do with happiness?
- How can sadness prepare us for joy?
- What can we learn from the poet Rumi about sadness?
- What can we learn from the emotion of desire?
- What’s the cycle of desire that we need to break?
- What is fear and is it a weakness?
- What do we get to learn about anxiety, and what is the difference between fear and anxiety?
- How do we grow our confidence?
- What do we need to know about women and fostering confidence?
- What is the story that the Dalai Lama shares about anger?
- How can anger be your ally?
- What are seven (one-a-day) happiness habits?
- To find out more visit: http://www.randytaran.com/ and www.ProjectHappiness.org
INSPIRE #1092: DISCOVER YOUR PASSION & FIND HAPPINESS WITH AN UNBALANCED LIFE! (Brad Stulberg & Steve Magness, “The Passion Paradox”)
INSPIRE #1053: HAPPINESS HACKS & THE SCIENCE AND STUDIES BEHIND THEM! (Tal Ben-Shahar, “Shortcuts To Happiness”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.