If you’ve ever struggled to get past your jumbled mind, then do we have the GET OUT OF YOUR MIND AND GET THINGS DONE show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with David Allen, author, consultant, international lecturer, and the best selling author of numerous books including his international best-seller, Getting Things Done.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, creating more room in our minds, getting in control, and getting things done.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DAVID ALLEN:
MORE ON DAVID ALLEN:
David Allen is widely recognized as the world’s leading expert on personal and organizational productivity. His thirty-year pioneering research and coaching to corporate managers and CEOs of some of America’s most prestigious corporations and institutions has earned him Forbes’ recognition as one of the top five executive coaches in the U.S. and Business 2.0 magazine’s inclusion in their 2006 list of the “50 Who Matter Now.” Time Magazine called his flagship book, “Getting Things Done”, “the definitive business self-help book of the decade.” Fast Company Magazine called David “one of the world’s most influential thinkers” in the arena of personal productivity for his outstanding programs and writing on time and stress management, the power of aligned focus and vision, and his groundbreaking methodologies in management and executive peak performance.
David is the international best-selling author of “Getting Things Done: the Art of Stress-Free Productivity”; “Ready for Anything: 52 Productivity Principles for Work and Life”; and “Making It All Work: Winning at the Game of Work and the Business of Life”.
He is the engineer of GTD®, the popular Getting Things Done® methodology that has shown millions how to transform a fast-paced, overwhelming, overcommitted life into one that is balanced, integrated, relaxed, and has more successful outcomes. GTD’s broad appeal is based on the fact that it is applicable from the boardroom to the living room to the class room. It is hailed as “life changing” by students, busy parents, entrepreneurs and corporate executives. David is the Founder and Chairman of the David Allen Company, whose inspirational seminars, coaching, educational materials and practical products present individuals and organizations with a new model for “Winning at the Game of Work and Business of Life.” He continues to write articles and essays that address today’s ever-changing issues about living and working in a fast-paced world while sustaining balance, control, and meaningful focus.
- Why can’t we trust our minds?
- What is our mind good for?
- What is our mind terrible at?
- What does the #4 have to do with our minds?
- How to create a vision in your life?
- How do we turn that vision into a reality
- What are the key steps to getting things done?
- What’s wrong with how we’ve been taught to plan?
- Why is our planning methodology completely unnatural?
- What’s a natural way to plan instead?
- How do we craft and frame a vivid picture of what we want?
- What’s the power of a brain dump?
- How do we figure out the first step to getting things done?
- What’s the importance of deciding the meaning behind the things we want to do?
- How do we come up with the most important actions?
- How do we get unstuck when we get an overwhelming list?
- How we move past the desire to do the latest and loudest?
- How do we build the microhabits to take things out of the conscious mind?
- How do we build our physical environment to support our getting things done?
- To find out more visit www.GettingThingsDone.com
INSPIRE #208: Discover the Art of “Getting Things Done” & Stress-Free Productivity! (David Allen)
INSPIRE #918: HOW TO TUNE YOUR BRAIN FOR BRILLIANCE! (Arjuna Ardagh, “Radical Brilliance”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment