How to Set Yourself Free… Starting Right Now
How to Find True Freedom, Success & Happiness In Each Moment, So You Can Shift, Improve & Enjoy Your Life to the Fullest
Listen to the Podcast Below!
Have you ever felt there had to be an easier way, that working, striving, and pushing as hard as you can, just isn’t getting you where you really want to go?
If so, then do we have the guest for you!
His name is Timber Hawkeye and he’s the best-selling author of the Buddhist Boot Camp, an inspiring book to help you shift and improve your life, almost one breath at a time.
It’s a fantastic read on Buddhism, but you don’t need to be a Buddhist to enjoy it!
In this episode, we’re going to talk about the true meaning of freedom, success, and happiness, or about how we can live more and work less, or at the very least, live more, by worrying less!
- Timber’s history: how he went from Tibetan Buddhism to Zen
- Looking to move past hierarchy, dogma, and chanting in a foreign language
- Traveling from the core of the intentions
- Had to remind himself taking off robes was taking a step inwards
- How Buddhist Bootcamp came about
- Letters over 8 years, a collection of personal insight on simplifying life
- How the movie Fight Club externalizes the internal conflict we each have.
- About us each being a soldier of peace in the army of love
- At job co-worker celebrated 30 years at same job. Timber had been there 10 years & decided he had to leave.
Sold everything and moved to Hawaii to simplify
- Look within – write down how you’d like to live
- Ask are you making decisions that bring you closer or farther from where you want to be
- Realized success means being happy
- Importance of time in Nature
- Take out whatever ingredient is making your cake bitter
- Aloha is not a state you go to, but a state of mind you can bring with you
- Creating new healthy patterns that help us remain calm no matter what is happening
- We create our own suffering & are victims of our own choices.
- Making the distinction between feelings and emotions
- No one can make you feel anything without your consent
- Sit Happens
- Shutting off the chatter
- How do we move past fear?
- Why the uphill climb to happiness is better than a lifetime of suffering or pain
- How to replace anger with gratitude
- Don’t have to identify with incidents that happen in our lives
- Talking with the Dalai Lama – All of us dealing with the same thing
- Self control
- Freedom from anger
- Asks an important question for balance before making any big decision:
- Is what I’m about to do going to complicate my life, or keep my life simple?
- Importance of Core Values – write out your core values
- Thoughts become words and words become actions
- Just change your actions – go to the core & it will inevitably change how you think
- Focus on your own journey
- Every day is a good day, some are just better
- Last words of Wisdom: Let Go – ease up, just relax, it’s not that important
MORE ON TIMBER HAWKEYE:
Timber Hawkeye, author of Buddhist Boot Camp, offers a secular, non-sectarian approach to being at peace with the world, both within and around us. His intention is to awaken, enlighten, enrich and inspire.
Timber Hawkeye Online: Website | Facebook | Instagram
Ted Talk on http://www.BuddhistBootCamp.com
Book by Timber Hawkeye:
Uncover Your Soul’s Signature Purpose & Launch Your Best Life Ever! (Derek Rydall, Emergence)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment