How to Rediscover Your Passion & Light Your Inner Flame
Find Out Why Your Passion or Mojo is Missing & How to Get it Back with Greg Levoy, Best-Selling Author of Vital Signs & Callings, writer for NY Times Magazine, Washington Post, USA Today & Reader’s Digest.
Listen to the podcast below!
Remember when you were kid how you wanted to be a explorer, or an astronaut, or a pilot flying around the world? Then somewhere along the lines, you either forgot, or were told to stop dreaming and get serious, and you left the world of dreams and passions behind entering a pragmatic life of compromise. If this sounds familiar, then do we have the show for you.
Today we’re interviewing Greg Levoy. Greg is the best-selling author of Vital Signs: The Nature and Nurture of Passion and Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life. He is a former “behavioral specialist” writer for USA Today, and a regular blogger for Psychology Today. He’s written for the NY Times magazine, Washington post, and Readers Digest among many others.
Today we’re going to talk about rediscovering who you are, and who you were meant to be. We’ll look at where your energy’s draining out, how to take stock, and where to put your focus. Most importantly, we’ll help you change how you relate to the world so you can rekindle your inner flame.
- Why you must reconnect with what is wild in you!
- Why we’re constantly negotiating between passion and security
- Why society is so fear averse – i.e. Warning Labels
- Why we must give ourselves non-work modes of expression (art, music, sports etc)
- How to find your passion again
- Ask yourself, what part of the book store do you go to first?
- Why we can all benefit from a mortality meditation and learning about death in order to fully live
- Study: Almost everyone told less than 6 months to live were liberated in very profound ways!
- How learning about death can keep us from being trapped by life
- Compromise and ignoring passions and nature may be the reason people have most heart-attacks at 9 AM on Monday mornings
- Why you must do what makes your heart sing
- Why you must reclaim your soul, spirit, energy, or mojo
- Most important question: “what does my soul want today?”
- Progress happens in the “to do” list of life
- Deciding between the brake or accelerator, that’s where the work is in the world
- Everything in life becomes a mindfulness exercise
- Begin to acknowledge where you lose energy and vitality
- Take an inventory of where your energy dribbles out
- Use the inventory so you can change your habits and your focus
- Try to surround yourself with people who shine
- Connect with people who are living out loud
- Be gentle with yourself
- Give yourself time
- Have self-compassion
- Don’t beat yourself up because you don’t live up to your potential
- Remember – stuff hitting the fan isn’t bad, it’s part of the path, not opposed to the path
MORE ON GREGG LEVOY:
Books by Gregg Levoy:
Vital Signs: The Nature and Nurture of Passion
Callings: Finding and Following an Authentic Life
Robert Greenway – father of Eco-pyschology, “Civilization is thousands of years old but only four days deep.”
Thomas Merton – “to make an important decision consult your death”
A Mythic Life: Learning to Live our Greater Story by Jene Houston
Transform Your Life Through a Modern Day Vision Quest (Hannah Papp, The Mystical Backpacker)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment