How to Keep Going When Sh*t Hits the Fan
In 2004 Michael Sandler rode 5000 miles solo & unsupported to help those with learning disabilities. In this heart-warming interview, learn how to find strength to continue when the going gets tough.
Listen to the podcast below!
Jessica: You might know Michael Sandler as the uber positive host of Inspire Nation. And you might think that he was born this way… well, though he did came into this world with some admirable traits, he had to work pretty hard at becoming the man I so admire today.
As Michael’s wife, you might think that I’ve heard his stories a million times by now–it’s true I have, but amazingly I never tire of hearing them. There’s always something new & fascinating to learn. So I decided I wanted to give you, the listener, the opportunity to be truly inspired by Michael himself.
In this episode we zero in on one incredible epic journey that Michael took. Back in 2004, he rode his bicycle across the country to raise awareness for children and adults with learning disabilities, 5,000 miles in 40 days, solo and unsupported. Yes, that means it was him, his bicycle, a few pieces of precious gear, and Mexican radio – though that didn’t last very long. We’ll talk more about that later.
We’re going to talk about divine inspiration – how to know when it’s not coming from you, perseverance vs. being plain stubborn; how to keep going when the going gets tough, what to do when people start doubting you, how to summon in the miracles when things start looking bleak & keeping the faith no matter what.
- What possessed Michael to undertake such a grueling physical endeavor
- Why he only allowed himself 6 weeks to prepare
- Why Michael brought 1/2 of a Wayne Dyer book with him, and mailed the rest of the Wayne Dyer book back to himself!
- Finding out how little you need to survive and the beauty of simplifying
- How Michael went from calling events “nightmares” to “opportunities”
- How people doubted Michael’s ability to finish, and why Michael never wavered in his conviction
- How the universe sometimes tests you
- Michael’s metaphor of standing on a diving board and sinking down before you can launch
- What Michael discovered when he finally turned off the music and what you can discover in the silence
- How to get over the fear of being alone
- What happened when Michael ran out of money on 3 separate occasions
- How to call in more miracles into your life
- How doing good in the world, brings more
goodness back to you
- What transpired when Michael got pulled over by police (twice!)
- Why it’s ok if you’re path in life isn’t a straight line
- Why sometimes it’s necessary to go backwards, before you can move forwards
- How to cultivate your intuition and be certain it’s not coming from you
- How Michael got through some of the toughest parts of America, including the murder capital of the country, on his bicycle
MORE ON MICHAEL SANDLER:
Best-selling author Michael Sandler has been a professional athlete and coach for over 25 years, most recently developing and spearheading the Mindful Running Movement through MindfulRunning.org and RunBare.com. Having survived and thrived after two near-death accidents left him with twin titanium hips and femurs, he has a contagious positive can-do attitude and travels the world teaching others how they can overcome their own challenges. He is passionate about helping others discover their true-nature, tap into their inner-wisdom, heal, and run like they’ve never run before!
Jessica Lee is a leading expert on exercise and mindfulness, focusing on a more intuitive, playful and heart-centered approach. She is co-founder of MindfulRunning.org, president of RunBare.com and co-author of the best-seller’s Barefoot Running and Barefoot Walking. When not at home exploring her mind-heart connection through painting, she travels the world with her husband Michael Sandler, teaching people how to cultivate greater health, awareness, and compassion by rediscovering the Buddha-nature in all of us.
Book by Michael Sandler:
College Confidence with ADD: The Ultimate Success Manual for ADD Students, from Applying to Academics, Preparation to Social Success and Everything Else You Need to Know
Barefoot Running: How to Run Light and Free by Getting in Touch with the Earth
Barefoot Walking: Free Your Feet to Minimize Impact, Maximize Efficiency, and Discover the Pleasure of Getting in Touch with the Earth
How to be Fearless & Find Greatness (Dean Karnazes, Ultramarathon Man)
Iron Cowboy Completes 50 Ironmans in 50 States in 50 Days (James Lawrence)
Overcome Any Challenge: Why Artic Explorer Ben Saunders Succeeded When Everyone Else Died Trying
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment