If you’ve ever wondered who you really are, why you’re here, and what you could do to make a difference in the world, then do have the discover your greatness and change the world show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Audrey Kitagawa, JD, the current chair of the UN Task Force and the Programmatic Areas Standing Committee of the Parliament of the World’s Religions, the United Nations Representative for the United Religions Initiative, and Chair Emerita of the NGO Committee on Spirituality, Values and Global Concerns.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about discovering our own spirituality and greatness, and how we can make a true difference in our own lives, and the entire world.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
MORE ON AUDREY KITAGAWA, JD:
Audrey E. Kitagawa, JD, is the President/Founder of the International Academy for Transcultural Cooperation, the President of the Light of Awareness International Spiritual Family, the former Advisor to the Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary General for Children and Armed Conflict at the United Nations. She is the current Chair of the UN Task Force and the Programmatic Areas Standing Committee of the Parliament of the World’s Religions.
She is also a United Nations Representative for the United Religions Initiative, and Chair Emerita of the NGO Committee on Spirituality, Values and Global Concerns, A Committee of the Conference of NGOs in Consultative Relationship with the United Nations.
She has been enstooled into the royal family as the Nekoso Hemaa, (i.e. Queen Mother of Development), of Ajiyamanti in Ghana, West Africa, and has a school which she helped to build named after her in her African name, the Nana Ode Anyankobea Junior Secondary School.
She has been listed in Who’s Who Of American Law, Who’s Who Of American Women, Who’s Who In America, Who’s Who In The World, and Prominent People of Hawaii. She is the recipient of the Spirit of the UN Award which is given to outstanding individuals who have demonstrated the vision and spirit of the United Nations as expressed through the UN Charter, and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. She was conferred an Honorary Interfaith Minister degree by the New Seminary.
Audrey Kitagawa, JD Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- What we can do to discover/re-discover our true divine nature (03:30)
- Floating on the ceiling incident in Elementary school (04:30)
- The cry baby who became a lawyer and the experience that transformed her from within (06:00)
- Who was she referring to, who are the two masters that you were serving? (13:04)
- The wind of the divine and how it knocked her diploma off the wall (15:38)
- Being open and receptive to whatever direction the divine will dictates (20:40)
- The possibility of making a bad decision while on a sacred journey (25:12 )
- The art of being able to have the acuity to be able to change with life experiences so we don’t become rigidified (27:38)
- The healing power of humor and going to the upper room (30:20)
- What does it mean to work with the light? (34:43)
- Cultivating the inner essence within us that is deeply connected to the divine (36:55)
- The importance of love versus the importance of forgivessness (and self forgiveness) (40:14)
- How important is compassion today and what have you learned from working with children in armed conflict? (44:45)
- What’s wrong with the words “Just a kid”? (49:11)
- Is there a way to make a conscious choice to view the world in a different way? (53:03)
- We are perfect children of God, immortal, eternal, and already in God’s light (58:26)
INSPIRE #284: How to Connect with Your Buddha Nature! + Guided Meditation! (Matthew Fox, “A Way to God”)
INSPIRE #974: HOW TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE THRU CEREMONY & MAKE EVERYTHING SACRED! (Sandra Ingerman, “The Book Of Ceremony”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment