INSPIRE #437: DISCOVER THE MAGICAL WORLD OF PLANT SPIRIT MEDICINE!
Eliot Cowan Takes You Inside the Hidden World of Plant Spirit Medicine!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY ELIOT COWAN:
Today I’ll be talking with Eliot Cowan, a master practitioner of the Chinese 5 elements, a shaman in the Huichol tradition, and author of a ground-breaking, earth-connecting, plant-respecting book, Plant Spirit Medicine: A Journey into the Healing Wisdom of Plants.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about the healing power of plants.
That plus we’ll talk about doing algebra in your sleep, frozen shoulders and Santa Barbara, how to make a fence post, a goat named Eloise, flying on a jaguar and why in the world you want to be careful your pistol doesn’t fall off.
MORE ON ELIOT COWAN:
In 1986 Eliot Cowan, discovered the power of plant spirits to heal the human spirit. He has been practicing and teaching Plant Spirit Medicine ever since. His book, first published in 1995, re-introduced this neglected ancient practice to the Western world, and the current edition of Plant Spirit Medicine is enriched with perspectives he gained as an initiated elder shaman in the indigenous Huichol tradition of Mexico.
Mr. Cowan is also the founder of an important home for ancient wisdom teachings and the College of Plant Spirit Medicine – the Blue Deer Center in the Catskill Mountains of New York.
For almost forty years, Eliot’s teachings, healings, writings, ceremonial work and community service have changed the lives of thousands of people in many countries.
- What’s back-to-the-land fever?
- Who was a cranky-old goat named Eloise
- How Eliot trained in the Chinese 5 Elements
- How plants can help us heal, and guide and even protect us.
- How the plants offered to help out
- How can plants help us?
- What is plant spirit medicine and how did he end up in Mexico?
- What he learned from healers in Mexico
- What it means to ‘dance you’?
- What’s the amazing awareness of plants
- How do we tap into plant medicine healing ourselves
- What are the basics of communicating with a plant
- What it means to leave an offering for a plant
- Why is tobacco a sacred plant
- What’s the importance of dreams
- How we can experience plant spirit medicine
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.