Why We’re All Magnesium Deficient – Top Signs & What to Do
If you’ve ever struggled with health issues doctors couldn’t solve, then you may be one of the 80% of people deficient in magnesium! Magnesium’s responsible for over 800 known processes in the body and counting. If you want to find out if you may be deficient, the simplest ways to remedy it, and the huge positive benefits this could have for your body, then today’s show is for you.
We’re talking with Dr. Carolyn Dean, a leading expert in Magnesium with over 30 books & 110 kindles on the life-changing benefits of magnesium, including the extremely popular, The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated Edition).
First we’ll discuss the top signs we’re deficient, why the deficiency, and how it shows up in our bodies. We’ll learn what to take, what not to take risks, dosages, and how much is safe! Plus baths, and true “electrolyte” sports drinks you can make at home without all the sugar!
We’ll look at how to re-mineralize your body, reversing osteoporosis and getting stronger, healthier bones. And we’ll look at kicking heart-disease naturally, removing plaque from your arteries, eliminating heart arrhythmia and fibrillation, lowering blood pressure & cholesterol levels, and improving your triglycerides and blood lipid levels.
We’ll look at autoimmune & inflammatory diseases such as diabetes, lupus, MS, ALS and Parkinson’s, plus autism and epilepsy.
For fitness, we’ll look at preventing muscle cramps and fatigue. And how magnesium can dramatically boost energy levels, reduce fatigue and improve the quality of your sleep!
This is an incredible, not-to-be-missed show to boost your brain power, healthy & fitness, and keep illness and injury away!
If you’ve ever wondered why your energy levels were low, anxiety is up, and your skin’s aging prematurely, then do we have the show for you too!
- why 80% of the American population is magnesium deficient
- why a diet high in greens still isn’t enough
- what Monsanto chemicals do to magnesium
- why magnesium is so critical and the functions is supports
- common symptoms of magnesium deficiency include: fatigue, insomnia, muscle cramps, heart palpitations, irritability, bone problems
- how magnesium benefits the following: diabetes, MS, ALS, epilepsy, autism, cholesterol, teeth, PMS, menstrual cramps, menopause, sleep, insomnia, general inflammation, blood pressure, arthritis, kidney stones, chronic fatigue, alzheimers
- the challenge of a diet high in dairy and why you don’t need as much calcium as you think
- why women who take calcium supplements have a higher rate of heart disease
- what is the proper calcium to magnesium ratio
- why you may be taking more vitamin D than you need
- how to make your own sports drinks with electrolytes
- how to calculate how much water you should be drinking per day
- what is the most easily absorbed magnesium available
- what are the benefits of proper magnesium levels: better sleep, lower blood sugar levels, no more leg cramps, less irritability, orgasms
- the benefit of Epsom salt baths with bentonite clay
- how mold toxicity and candida (yeast overgrowth) interact
- recipe for candida cleanse
- the best way to test your magnesium levels and how to read your results (not the ordinary blood test you get from your regular exam)
- how much magnesium you should take
- why drinking more re-mineralized water means less trips to the bathroom
- what are the two main sources of muscle cramping
- why it’s especially important for pregnant women
- why children probably need magnesium more than their parents
- other topics discussed chelation, acid reflux, heartburn, ulcers
Dr. Carolyn Dean Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
RnA ReSet Product Site: exclusive source for pico-metered sized magnesium
Completement Now! Wellness Program: sign up for 2 free ebooks on minerals
Achieve Radio: Tune into Dr. Dean’s radio show on Mondays at 4PM Pacific Time
Books by Dr. Carolyn Dean Mentioned in Show:
DOWNLOAD FREE E-Books by Dr. Carolyn Dean: “Invisable Minerals Part I: Magnesium” and “Invisible Minerals Part II: “Mulitple Minerals”
The Magnesium Miracle (Revised and Updated Edition) by Dr. Carolyn Dean
Atrial Fibrillation: Remineralize Your Heart by Dr. Carolyn Dean
IBS For Dummies by Dr. Carolyn Dean
HOW DO I TEST MY MAGNESIUM LEVELS?
- RequestATest.com: where Dr. Dean recommends you get your magnesium RBC test (cost $45)
HOW DO I READ THE MAGNESIUM RBC TEST?
- since 80% of the population is sick, you don’t want to be in the range of sick population; you want to be at the very top of the curve
- so, you want to be between 6 to 6.5
WHAT DOSAGE OF MAGNESIUM?
- according to Dr. Dean, everyone needs at minimum 600mg/day. For some people with symptoms she recommends 900mg. (she has some of her patients on 1200mg)
WHAT KIND OF MAGNESIUM DO I PURCHASE?
- not magnesium oxide, only 4% absorbed and cause diarrhea
- chelated magnesium ok, but not ideal; magnesium citrate may be up to 20% absorbed
- ionized magnesium is best
- ReMag* is pico-metered sized ionized magnesium (1 billionth) goes right into cells, processing is stable enough; better than intravenous
- *Note: We do not receive affiliate sales from Dr. Carolyn Dean’s websites
WHAT IS THE RECIPE FOR THE CANDIDA CLEANSE?
- Dr. Dean recommends mixing bentonite clay, powdered psylium seed, and capryl oil (caprillic acid) in a couple ounces of water. Drink quickly and follow with 10 ounces of water.
- it is important to stay well-hydrated during this process
- calcium in arteries: “Calcium in Arteries Signals Heart Death”
- methylation: “..catalyzed by enzymes; such methylation can be involved in modification of heavy metals, regulation of gene expression, regulation of protein function, and RNA processing.”
- MTARHF gene: “…provides instructions for making an enzyme called methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase. This enzyme plays a role in processing amino acids…”
- epigenetics: “…variations that are caused by external or environmental factors that switch genes on and off and affect how cells read genes instead of being caused by changes in the DNA sequence.”
- candida growth: “10 Signs You Have Candida Growth and What to Do About It”
- side effects of taking statins (cholesterol drugs): list of articles on Dr. Mercola’s site
- Dr Ryke Geerd Hamer & German New Medicine
- hypoglycemia: low blood sugar
- TrueHope.com: Where Dr. Dean refers depression cases for orthomolecular protocols; EMPowerPlus for treating bi-polar and depression
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Interesting podcast -thanks for sharing. Unless I missed it, though, you didn’t talk about what depletes Magnesium. That would have been a good thing to go over. Maybe on a future podcast…..
Thank you for your comment, David. You can read about the reasons for magnesium deficiency in the free booklet that is available at http://www.rnareset.com/faq. It’s called Invisible Minerals Part I.
[…] is their Inspire Nation website, and they also have a website for meditation and running called Mindful […]
What about osteoporosis
Osteoporosis is not primarily a calcium deficiency. In the decades we have been over-supplementing with calcium, there has been a 700% increase in osteoporosis. We cover this a tiny bit in the interview but as I said to David above. read the free booklet on http://www.rnareset.com/faq about magnesium and multiple minerals (Invisible Minerals Parts I and II, where I cover the topic thoroughly.
Thanks for providing a free resource Dr. Dean! We look forward to checking it out. 🙂
[…] I’ve had a similar discussion with Michael Sandler, who realized he and his wife Jessica had severe magnesium deficiency during out video interview – Why We’re All Magnesium Deficiency: Top Signs & What To Do. […]
[…] 2. Author, athlete and health coach Michael Sandler interviewed me several months ago and shared that video again on Jan 2, 2016. You can watch it on Michael and Jessica’s website – Inspire Nation: Why We’re All Magnesium Deficiency: Top Signs & What To Do. […]
Under your heading of WHAT KIND OF MAGNESIUM DO I PURCHASE? it has been erroneously stated not to purchase Mg Chloride. Mg Chloride has a stability constant value of zero and arguable is the best Mg compound to use, orally and topically. Dr Dean’s ReMag is Mg Chloride based. I’m quite sure Dr Dean did not write the report under the video so is probably not aware of the error.
IMHO Dr Dean is on par with Dr Mildred Seelig in her attempts to educate the population and the medical profession about Mg deficiency and its devastating affects on our health. Ches Power
Thank you very much Ches Power. I’m just seeing your comment just now and want to thank you for noticing the error. I’ll have Michael and Jessica remove the erroneous sentence! Much Aloha and Happy New Year.
ive been taking magnesium citrate tabs but i am still getting leg cramps at night. maybe its a potassium problem. any suggestions? thanks, peter
Magnesium is indeed one of the important elements that our body needs. Thanks for sharing the resources. I can use them for my Biology classes.