If you’ve ever wanted to live a life in awe, then do we have the most unstoppable, On-Fire, AWE-some show for you!
Ferocious optimism is the ability to see the possibilities and rise above your circumstances, almost no matter what! Once burned over 100% of his body, John O’Leary was given a 0% chance of survival, and yet, lived to survive, thrive, and become one of the greatest motivational speakers in the world.
He’s also one of my all-time favorite authors, with my new all-time favorite inspirational book, In AWE.
In this interview discover ferocious optimism and possibilities, especially in this COVID-19 time.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOK BY JOHN O’LEARY:
MORE ON JOHN O’LEARY:
When John O’Leary was 9 years old, he suffered burns over 100% of his body and was expected to die. He is now an inspirational speaker and author, teaching more than 50,000 people around the world each year how to live inspired. John’s first book, ON FIRE: The Seven Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life was published March 2016 by Simon & Schuster. John is a proud husband and father of four and resides in St. Louis, Missouri.
John O’Leary Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- Did you really get to play the piano at the MGM Grand Amphitheatre before 18,000+ people with no fingers? (03:44)
- How moving forward gets a person unstuck and out of a rut (06:39)
- Cutting through all the BS that divided us as human beings through music, spirituality, and faithfulness (09:56)
- What makes kids our natural scientists? (11:33)
- The loss that we’ve had of the critical thinking that enables us to look at the big picture and ask questions (13:20)
- Making things out of this Coronavirus time that will turn it into something special (17:54)
- Having the time of his life when he should have been in pain (21:00)
- The importance of challenging the voice in our head and wisely choosing who we pay attention to (26:53)
- What does it mean to you to release the breaks and why not? (31:45)
- Moving past the hurdles of today through grit, faith, and vision (35:55)
- Can we ever be ready for the storm we’re about to face? (39:18)
- Learned helplessness: Doing something even though we couldn’t do in the past (43:10)
- Moving past what our brain thinks is possible (45:47)
- The meaning of expecting amazing, expecting beauty, and expecting joy (52:36)
- Leaning the ladder on the right wall to climb and go towards succeeding in things that will matter (01:02:07)
- What are you telling your kids at this time? (01:04:26)
INSPIRE #222: How to Live Your Life on Fire!!! (John O’Leary , “On Fire”)
INSPIRE #1085: HOW TO GET LIFE GUIDANCE FROM SPIRIT! (Lee Harris, “Energy Speaks”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment