INSPIRE #222: How to Live Your Life on Fire!!!
John O’Leary, Burned over 100% of His Body, Shares His Miraculous Healing Journey and The Secret To Igniting a Radically Inspired Life! You’ll Be Inspired and On Fire!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY JOHN O’LEARY:
Today I’ll be talking with John O’Leary, one of my all-time heros, both him and his mom, though I just heard about him a few weeks ago. He is the author of the future New York Times Best-Seller On Fire: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life, and one of the most inspirational people I have ever had the pleasure to have on the show.
Today we’ll talk about John’s miraculous journey, one that should have killed him, and instead helped mold him into the person he is today. We’ll talk about going through our own fires in life, flipping the ignition, learning to burn, and out of the fire, creating something more beautiful than we ever could have imagined.
That plus we’ll talk about the world’s greatest mom, accumulating baseballs, Phra Phuttha Maha Suwan Patimakon and what that means, and why in the world, you’d want someone to get in a hockey brawl for you.
MORE ON JOHN O’LEARY:
When John was 9 years old, he was burned on 100% of his body and expected to die. Today he is a speaker and author, teaching 50,000 people each year how to live inspired. His book, ON FIRE: The 7 Choices to Ignite a Radically Inspired Life was published in March by Simon & Schuster and is a National Best-Seller.
John O’Leary Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
A book by John’s parents:
Book Description: Susan O’Leary recounts the miraculous and triumphant fight of her then 9-year-old son to survive and recover from a devastating burn covering 98% of his body. The book unveils a truth of universal importance, namely, by helping others in need we can become their miracles.
- What is a milk shake promise?
- What happened to John when he was 9.
- How the experience became a true blessing in John’s life.
- How his older brother Jim changed and became a state hero (lifesaver of the year for Missouri)
- How his sister’s Amy and Sarah became true hero’s as well.
- Why he asked his sister for a knife so he could kill himself
- How his seven year old sister risked her life (3 times!) to save her brother John.
- What his mom told him he credits with saving his life
- What his mom says when he asks if he’s going to die
- How do we light our internal flame?
- What we can learn from Robin Williams.
- How do we turn our lives around?
- What you can do to ensure that tomorrow is better than today
- Journals ‘why me’ in the morning and in the evening ‘what can I do to ensure that tomorrow is even better than today?
- What Big Roy had to do to him, to keep the scars from pulling him into the fetal position
- How do you become extraordinary???
- “We have to forget everything we’ve learned and realize we are BORN extraordinary!!!”
- The importance of asking ‘why do you choose to thrive?”
- Why his story with his Dad, Denny will be a second book.
- Who was Glenn Cunningham – and how did he help hundreds if not thousands of kids.
- Can you tell us about the announcer Jack Buck, the voice of the Cardinals?
- How John O’Leary day at the ballpark took place
- How you can make a huge difference in someone else’s life – simply!
- How Gino Cavallini got in a hockey brawl on John’s behalf.
- Why he wanted his book to be a guide to waking up from Accidental live
How to Throw Out Your Excuses & Live a “No Limits” Life (Kyle Maynard, ESPY Award Winner & Motivational Speaker)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Click edit button to change this text.
Leave A Comment