If you’ve ever wanted greater wealth and contentment in your life, then do we have The Geometry of Wealth show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Brian Portnoy financial expert, educator, analyst, investor, and entrepreneur, the author of The Investor’s Paradox, and the brilliant book on getting your financial life in order, The Geometry of Wealth: How To Shape A Life Of Money And Meaning.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to shape a life of money and meaning, and find contentment in the process.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY BRIAN PORTNOY:
MORE ON BRIAN PORTNOY:
Brian Portnoy, Ph.D., CFA, is an expert at simplifying the complex world of money. In his two books, The Investor’s Paradox and The Geometry of Wealth, he tackles the challenges of not only making better investment decisions but also how money figures in to a joyful life. He is currently the Director of Investment Education at Virtus Investment Partners and has spent the last 25 years as educator, investor, and strategist. He holds a doctorate from the University of Chicago and currently lives on the north side of Chicago with his wife and three children.
- What is Brian Portnoy’s first memory of money?
- How did he get interested in wealth making?
- Why are we so confused about money?
- What’s the difference between being rich and being wealthy?
- What’s the relationship between money and happiness?
- What is Money Life?
- Why do we hate talking about money?
- What does it mean we’re doing things backwards?
- Why is it sometimes best to go on autopilot?
- What does Daniel Kahneman and Angus Deaton say about whether money buys happiness?
- What does less sadness have to do with anything?
- What does it mean that great investors like Warren Buffet naturally think about being less wrong?
- What does less wrong have to do with debt – and what are the real challenges of debt???
- What’s the behavior gap?
- What’s the real danger of keeping up with the Jones’s?
- What can we learn from Charles Munger about “just invert”
- What’s the importance of simplicity?
- Why do we have a hard time thinking in terms of probabilities, but why is it so important?
- What can we learn about returns, volatility, correlation, and liquidity?
- What’s the challenge with enough?
- What’s the meaning of true wealth?
- What can we do to begin understanding our money life today?
- To find out more visit ShapingWealth.com
INSPIRE #405: HOW TO ATTRACT MORE WEALTH BY BOOSTING YOUR SELF-WORTH + Guided Meditation! (Nancy Levin, “Worthy”)
INSPIRE #356: DISCOVER THE ART OF MONEY FOR FREEDOM, WEALTH, & HAPPINESS! + Meditation (Bari Tessler,”The Art Of Money”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment