If you’ve ever wanted a stronger, smarter, sharper mind, and at any age, then do we have the Soft-Wired show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Michael Merzenich the undisputed heavyweight and father of brain plasticity, award winning neuroscientist, the Co-founder and Chief Scientific Officer at Posit-Science, and the author of a brilliant book on changing your mind, Soft-Wired.
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how the new science of brain plasticity can change your life, and how do use it for happiness, success, and longevity.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. MICHAEL MERZENICH:
MORE ON DR. MICHAEL MERZENICH:
Dr. Merzenich has published more than 150 articles in leading peer-reviewed journals (such as Science and Nature), received numerous awards and prizes (including the Russ Prize, Ipsen Prize, Zülch Prize, Thomas Alva Edison Patent Award and Purkinje Medal), and been granted nearly 100 patents for his work. He and his work have been highlighted in hundreds of books about the brain, learning, rehabilitation, and plasticity.
Dr. Merzenich’s work is also often covered in the popular press, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, Time, Wired, Forbes, Discover, and Newsweek. He has appeared extensively on television. He is the scientific consultant and provided the brain assessments and brain training exercises for the Discovery Channel show “Hack My Brain” (which aired in Australia as “Redesign My Brain.”) His work has also been featured on four PBS specials: “The Brain Fitness Program,” “Brain Fitness 2: Sight and Sound,” “The New Science of Learning,” and “Brain Fitness Frontiers.”
Dr. Merzenich earned his bachelor’s degree at the University of Portland and his PhD at Johns Hopkins. He completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of Wisconsin in Madison before becoming a professor at the University of California, San Francisco. He was elected to the National Academy of Sciences in 1999 and the Institute of Medicine in 2008.
Dr. Michael Merzenich Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Soft Wired Online: Website | Facebook
Book by Dr. Michael Merzenich:
Soft-Wired: How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Can Change Your Life
- What is brain plasticity?
- Can we truly change our brains?
- What in the world is going on with our brains?
- What is the latest science suggesting?
- How do we begin to change our brains?
- Are there any limits?
- What’s the importance of challenges?
- What’s the importance of getting uncomfortable?
- What does our “landscape” have to do with the brain?
- What’s the importance of nature when it comes to the mind?
- What’s the importance of presence – and what does it mean to truly observe the world around you?
- What does positivity have to do with the brain?
- How can helping your brain, help your mood?
- What brain challenges are our children facing today?
- What are brain games and how can they help?
- How often do you need to play brain games to see results?
- Can you change your brain without diet and exercise?
- What simple lifestyle changes are needed to change the brain?
- How can changing our brains affect our entire lives?
- What are the most important changes to begin making?
- What are the simplest changes to take beginning today?
INSPIRE #328: How the New Science of Brain Plasticity Can Help You & Those with Brain Injuries! (Clark Elliott, PhD, “The Ghost In My Brain”)
INSPIRE #759: TRANSFORM YOUR MIND & BODY FOR THE NEW YEAR THRU THE T5 WELLNESS PLAN! (Dr. WIlliam Sears, “Dr. Sears T5 Wellness Plan”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment