MORE ON JEFF WARREN:
Jeff Warren is an award-winning writer, meditation instructor and all-purpose enthusiast. His primary subject is the mind – the neurobiological mind, the meditative mind, the technological mind, the animal mind. He even has a philosophical position: “radically fun empiricist,” not unlike William James, except with more jokes and fewer smart parts. He writes a regular column for Psychology Tomorrow about the shifting experience of consciousness, called “Inscapes“.
Jeff is the author of The Head Trip (Random House 2007), an acclaimed travel guide through sleeping, dreaming and waking consciousness that critics called “exhilarating,” “audacious,” “hilarious,” and “long.” He won Gold and Silver medals at the 2012 Canadian National Magazine Awards for his feature “Whale Rising,” and another Gold medal in 2011 for his piece on the fashionable jungle brew ayahuasca,”The Tourists of Consciousness.” In 2010, Jeff was awarded the Webster McConnell Canadian Journalism Fellowship at the University of Toronto’s Massey College.
Jeff has written for The New York Times, The New Scientist, Discover, Reader’s Digest, The Walrus, Maisonneuve,The National Post and The Globe and Mail. He is a founding producer of CBC Radio’s The Current, has written and produced a bunch of shows for CBC’s Ideas, and has done a few random TV gigs as well. He has confused I mean enthralled audiences around the world with his quasi-psychedelic talks about the mind, though most of the time you can find him at home on his porch, watching kids deal drugs in the park.
Jeff Warren Online: Website| Facebook
- What were Jeff Warren’s challenging growing up with ADD?
- How did he hyperventilate and pass out as a child?
- How was he experimenting with consciousness as a child?
- How did he start meditating?
- How did it give his life meaning?
- What was Head Trip?
- What’s the Conscious Explorer’s Club?
- What’s the importance of community as the teacher?
- Who is Shinzen Young and what did Jeff Warren learn from this teacher?
- Did Jeff Warren really go crazy ona 30 day solo silent retreat?
- Who is Dan Harris?
- What happened to Dan Harris live on TV in front of 5 million people?
- How did Jeff Warren meet Dan Harris?
- Why did he call Jeff a Meditation MacGuyver?
- How did they end up on a meditation tour together?
- What’s the importance of making people feel better about the fact that everyone’s got their own neurotic stuff?
- What was the 10% Happier meditation tour?
- How many people were stuffed on one bus?
- How many days was it?
- How was the tour so ironic?
- What are the basics of meditation?
- Where do people begin?
- What’s the best way to begin meditation?
- What are the most important concepts for beginning?
- What exactly is mindfulness meditation?
- Does meditation require you to stop thinking?
- What’s it mean to change the relationship with your thinking?
- For more information visit: jeffwarren.org
INSPIRE #694: THE BRAIN SCIENCE BEHIND MEDITATION & MINDFULNESS – AND HOW TO BEGIN! Culadasa (John Yates, PhD) “The Mind Illuminated”)
INSPIRE #506: HOW SPIRITUALITY CHANGES THE BRAIN!!! (Dr. Andrew Newberg, “How Enlightenment Changes Your Brain”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.