If you’ve ever wanted to feel better, sleep better, or digest your food with grace and ease, then do we have the Divine Attunement show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Richard Gold, one of the founders of the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine and the President and Executive Producer of Metta Music and Yuval Ron an Oscar Winning Composer, Grammy Nominated Musician, and Author of Divine Attunement, music as a path to wisdom.
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, how music and frequency change the way you think, act, feel, and even rest and digest.
That plus we’ll talk about bugs bunny, whirling dervishes, a mistake by moses, taking keyboards into MRI’S and why the bible’s been into music, for at least 3000 years!
MORE ON DR. RICHARD GOLD:
Dr. Richard Gold is a licensed acupuncturist and holds a Doctorate in Psychology. He graduated from Oberlin College in 1972 with a degree in World Religions and a minor in pre-medicine. He graduated from the New England School of Acupuncture in 1978 and since then has devoted his professional career to the study, practice, researching, teaching and publishing in the field of East Asian Medicine. Dr. Gold has pursued advanced studies in China (1981), Japan (1986) and Thailand (1988, 1989, 1992).
Dr. Gold was one of the four founders of the Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 1986 , a regionally and nationally accredited college of traditional Chinese Medicine with campuses in San Diego, Chicago and New York City. He served on Board of the college for many years and continues to teach there.
In addition, Dr. Gold served for over 20 years as the President and Chairman of the Board of the International Professional School of Bodywork (IPSB) and also was a senior faculty member there.
In recent years, Dr. Gold has been working in the field of applied neuroscience and sound. Currently, he is the President and Executive Producer of Metta Mindfulness Music a company devoted to creating original music to facilitate meditation, health and mindfulness.
MORE ON YUVAL RON:
Yuval Ron is a world-renowned musician, composer, educator, peace activist, and record producer. Among his many honors, he composed the music for the Oscar-winning film, West Bank Story, was invited to perform for the Dalai Lama, and has collaborated with the Sufi leader Pir Zia Inayat Khan, master musician Omar Faruk Tekbilek, Zen Buddhist priest and visual artist Hirokazu Kosaka, choreographers Daniel Ezralow and Oguri and neuroscientists Mark Robert Waldman and Andrew Goodman. He was awarded the Los Angeles Treasures Award and grants from the National Endowment for the Arts, American Composers Forum, California Council for the Humanities, and the Rockefeller Foundation. He is a noted lecturer and has been invited to speak at numerous schools including: Yale, John Hopkins University, UCLA, MIT, Berklee College of Music, University of Chicago, and many others. Yuval has been on the faculty of Esalen Institute, is an affiliated artist with the Center for Jewish Culture and Creativity, and a “Guiding Voice” for Seven Pillars – House of Wisdom.
Yuval’s book Divine Attunement: Music as a path to Wisdom, won the Gold Medal Award for Best Spirituality Book at the Indie Book Awards 2015.
Yuval Ron Online: Website | Website | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Instagram
Dr. Richard Gold Online: Website | Twitter
- What Saturday morning cartoons has to do with music
- What is psycho-acoustic effects
- What is sound healing?
- How did the idea of music as a healing modality come about?
- What does it mean to tune an audience?
- How do we tune people?
- What it means to sync our heartbeats and motion to a pulse provided by music or our environment.
- Why our bodies want to be in harmony with pulsations around us.
- How music and sound can give us energy
- What is brain entrainment and how can music be used to help train the brain and put it itno different levels of meditative states
- How functional MRI’s show what’s going on with music and the brain.
- What we want to be careful about sound because it’s a powerful tool for good or harm
- What’s the importance of understanding how sound in our environments affects us
- Why we need to be conscious about the music that’s being played
- How do the Chinese elements work with music
- How do you evoke the different elements through the music
- What happened with music and the first king of Israel (a bible story from over 3000 years ago)
- How can we use music to heal from the inside-out
- Why music is so important for our office environment
- How sound can help the mind go quiet
- Why we want music that’s not digital
- What is good sound hygiene
- mettamindfulnessmusic.com working closely with cdbaby.com type in Yuval Ron.
- How kids learn to become aware of their music choices and how the music affects them
- What is “The Quiet Gardener”
INSPIRE #221: How to Heal Your Soul through Music, Meditation & Your Practice! (Krishna Das, “Kirtan Wallah”)
How to Calm Your Mind & Discover Inner Peace & Bliss Through Music (Yuval Ron, Metta Mindfulness Music)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.