INSPIRE #425: HOW TO STAY SANE IN A DIGITAL OVERWHELM WORLD! + GUIDED MEDITATION!
Nancy Colier on Getting Un-Twired, Staying Sane & Feeling Better in a Virtual Overwhelm World!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY NANCY COLIER:
If you’ve ever struggled to reduce your anxiety, get off your smartphone, or to step away from the Facebook, then do we have The Power of Off show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Nancy Colier, psychotherapist, interfaith minster, veteran meditator, and author of Inviting a Monkey to Tea, and a fantastic new book on getting unplugged, The Power of Off: The Mindful Way to Stay Sane in a Virtual World.
And that’s just what I want to talk with Nancy about today, about a mindful way to stay sane in a virtual world.
That plus we’ll talk about smart houses and dumb humans, who in the world is Wikiman, what you don’t want to do on a Jeep tour, how to give a house a lobotomy, the importance of being nobody, why in the world we need a piece of chicken, when all we want is a plain salad? And the danger of texting cover rear, or thank you douche for last night.
MORE ON NANCY COLIER:
Nancy Colier is a psychotherapist in private practice, an ordained interfaith minister, mindfulness teacher, relationship coach, author and blogger. She graduated from the University of Virginia, Columbia University School of Social Work, the Focusing Institute and One Spirit Interfaith Seminary. Mindfulness and Buddhist practices form the ground of her psychotherapy and spiritual counseling practice. A long time student of eastern spirituality and non-duality, Nancy helps to uncover the awareness, joy and presence that is the ground of well-being. Her work serves to connect clients with their authentic truth, remember their body’s wisdom. and know for themselves that they are spiritual beings on a human journey.
In addition to offering workshops and ongoing groups, Nancy is a regular blogger for Huffington Post and Psychology Today, and also the author of “Getting Out of Your Own Way: Unlocking Your True Performance Potential” (Luminous Press, 2001), “Inviting a Monkey to Tea: Befriending Your Mind and Discovering Lasting Contentment” (Hohm Press, 2012) and her upcoming book: “The Power of Off: The Mindful Way to Stay Sane in a Virtual World” (Sounds True Publishing, November, 2016). Publishers Weekly review for The Power of Off.
Nancy also spent 20 years as a top-level equestrian, showing horses on the national horse show circuit. In addition to her own vast experience in sport, she has extensive training in the field of performance psychology. Her specialties include performing artists, athletes, musicians and singers.
- How has technology been creating overwhelm and ‘twiredness’
- What’s a new challenge people have when they go to sleep
- Why people are afraid of going to sleep
- What is a lottery brain?
- Why technology’s become an addiction
- What’s the paradox today of social media
- How sharing our lives takes us further away from our lives?
- How technology is affecting anxiety and depression
- What happened to her first daughter when she got her first smart-phone
- What the immediacy of the device is causing us
- What this growing ‘neural network’ is really headed and doing for us
- What’s a more mindful approach she took with her second daughter
- How do we do a digital detox
- What questions do we need to ask to understand our cravings
- How do we pull ourselves back into the here and now
- What’s the importance of a morning practice?
- What’s the power of silence?
- How do we get past the fear of silence?
- What’s the power of prayer in moving beyond our addiction with our technology
- What it means to become ‘nobody’ (what she learned from Sri Mooji)
- How do we bring more compassion into our lives, and into ourselves
- How do we bring true self-love into our lives
- What do we do to help our kids with technology?
- To find out more nancycolier.com and the book The Power of Off.
How to Make Social Media & Technology Work for You Rather Than Against You! (Gideon Rosenblatt, The Vital Edge)
INSPIRE #392: HOW TO TAME YOUR INBOX! (Jocelyn Glei, “Unsubscribe”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment