If you’ve ever wanted to feel sharper, more alive, stronger of body and of mind, and smarter than you ever have before…then do we have the brain-boosting show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. Wendy Suzuki, award winning neuroscientist, famous 4x Ted-Talker, and what I’d call a true revolutionary in the field of brain science. She’s also the author of my favorite new brain book, Healthy Brain, Happy Life: A Personal Program to to Activate Your Brain and Do Everything Better.
Today we’ll talk about hacking the brain and getting it moving again, to get you smarter, sharper, more focused, better memory, more creative, less anxious, and better able to learn than you ever have before!
That, plus we’ll talk about car boy and cabin boy, becoming a gym rat, the power of Twix, the Big Ask, Dr. Flux, Disney World for rats, what in the world happened to the cello, and why spandex in the classroom may be the greatest discovery of them all!
MORE ON DR. WENDY SUZUKI:
Dr. Wendy A. Suzuki is a Professor of Neural Science and Psychology in the Center for Neural Science at New York University. She received her undergraduate degree in Physiology and Human Anatomy at the University of California, Berkeley in 1987, studying with Prof. Marion C. Diamond, a leader in the field of brain plasticity. She went on to earn her Ph.D. in Neuroscience from U.C. San Diego in 1993 and completed a post-doctoral fellowship at the National Institutes of Health before accepting her faculty position at New York University in 1998.
Dr. Wendy A. Suzuki Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
- Julie Andrews vs. Shirley Temple
- What is the Disney World for rats
- What Eleanor McGuire found with London Taxi Drivers
- What is prosopagnosia and struggling to see faces (Howard Gardner, author Multiple Intelligences and Brad Pitt)
- What does brain plasticity mean?
- Some amazing brain hacks
- What’s a simple hack to begin enriching the brain?
- How do we enrich the olfactory part of the brain?
- Who was the neurological patient HM?
- Why emotions are so powerful when it comes to learning
- Why you want to make what you have to learn funny
- When the light went on between exercise and the brain
- How much just an hour of exercise can improve your attention
- What is intensati and how did it change her understanding of exercise and the brain too (and her future classes and research studies!)
- What we can learn from Spandex in the Classroom!
- How to use affirmations and exercise together
- Brain hacks and exercise
- Short 4 minute exercises you can do
- What viral animal videos have to do with the brain
- Brain Hacks to stimulate the pleasure centers of the brain and what makes us happy (study of positivity)
- Advice for parents to boost the brains of their kids
- How important is it to step away from the electronics?
- 4 Ted Talks!
INSPIRE #178: Make Your Brain Smarter At Any Age (Dr. Michael Merzenich, Posit Science)
How to Get Motivated & Fit without Even Trying (Michelle Segar, “No Sweat”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.