If you’ve ever really struggled in life or faced depression, alcoholism, an eating disorder, or a hole in your belly you just couldn’t fill, or if you simply love animal stories and their incredible power to heal, then do we have the show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Shannon Kopp, an eating disorder survivor, animal welfare advocate, and the bestselling author of Pound for Pound: A Story of One Woman’s Recovery and the Shelter Dogs Who Loved Her Back to Life.
Today we’ll talk about big struggles and challenges, how to overcome them, and finding that one thing that brings you the love to overcome.
That plus we’ll talk about miraculous shelter animals, their stories, their struggles, and how they can nurse us all back to health, plus Jane Goodall and chimpansees, the Ocean Beach Dog Park, Sugar, Sunny, and why Cheez Whiz is the answer, when you’re going on TV!…just ask Abby.
MORE ON SHANNON KOPP:
Shannon Kopp is the bestselling author of Pound for Pound, an eating disorder survivor, and animal welfare advocate. She has worked and volunteered at various animal shelters throughout Southern California, where shelter dogs helped her to discover a more present and compassionate way of living. Her story has been featured on NPR, The Huffington Post, Psychology Today, Salon and more. Today, Shannon carries a profound message about the healing power of the paw across the globe. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1kck4ZDeH8
Shannon Kopp Online: Website |Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
HOW TO HELP PIT BULLS:
Best Friends Animal Society: http://www.bestfriends.org
BadRap organization: http://www.BadRap.org
Humane Society of the United States: http://www.humanesociety.org
RESOURCES FOR PEOPLE WITH EATING DISORDERS:
National Eating Disorder Association (NEDA): http://www.nationaleatingdisorderassociation.org
12 Steps for Eating Disorders: http://www.eatingdisorderhope.com/recovery/self-help-tools-skills-tips/the-12-step-program-of-recovery-and-eating-disorders
Recovery Warriors: http://www.recoveryWarriors.com
RESOURCE FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH EATING DISORDERS:
ANAD meetings: http://www.anad.org
- Who was Sugar?
- How did Jane Goodall influence Shannon’s life?
- What happened with her Shannon’s dad when she was in high school
- Why surrender is so important if one has an addiction
- How did Shannon first experience bulimia?
- What happened when Shannon first tried ‘purging’
- How did Shannon start seeking therapy?
- What is therapy amnesia?
- Why she didn’t know how to cope with her own
- How did she manifest a meeting with Toni Morrison?
- How she met Danny
- What’s the miracle of Ocean Beach Dog Beach
- How she ended up at the Rosewood Eating Disorder Treatment Center which had equine therapy
- How she ended up as the marketing coordinator at the San Diego Humane Society.
- What’s the perfect use for cheezwhiz
- How Shannon got Abby on TV
- How Shannon relapsed
- How long she’s been relapse free?
- Who were Sheba and Ranger?
- What happened when she moved to Los Angeles?
- What the LA Humane Society was like
- Who was Big Girl?
- How Shannon pulled off a miracle with Sunny
- Why Pit Bulls are completely misunderstood
- Amazing words for anyone struggling with an eating disorder
- Advice for parents of children with eating disorders
How Animals Inspire, Heal & Transform Our Lives! (Dr. Bernie Siegel – Love, Animals & Miracles)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.