If you’ve ever felt failure, loneliness, rejection, loss or trauma, guilt, low self-esteem or almost any other emotional difficulty you can think of, then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Guy Winch, PhD, Clinical psychologist, speaker (he’s got a top viral ted-talk) and the best-selling author of a book that’s in 20 different languages worldwide, Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts!
And that’s just what we’ll be talking about today, how to heal your emotional wounds, or at least patch them up before they get inflamed infected, or fester out of control…
That plus we’ll talk about social snacks, loneliness and cigarettes, David the Yankees Guy, and why you might not want to show a woman your Elmer Fudd underwear collection.
MORE ON GUY WINCH, PHD:
Guy Winch is a clinical psychologist, author, TED and keynote speaker. He received his Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from New York University and practices in New York City. His most recent book, Emotional First Aid: Healing Rejection, Guilt, Failure, and Other Everyday Hurts (Plume, 2014) is in its 6th printing and has been translated into 19 languages. His TED Talk, based on the book, has been viewed over 3 million times, was the #8 most watched TED Talk of 2015 and is rated the #5 most inspiring TED Talk of all time on TED.com. Dr. Winch is a go-to expert on psychology and emotional health for national and international print and online publications such as Time, The New York Times, CNN, Salon, New York Magazine, Reader’s Digest, Men’s Health and many others. He also blogs for Psychology Today and Huffington Post.
Guy Winch, PhD Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Guy Winch’s Ted Talk: The Case for Emotional Hygiene
- How to heal your emotional wounds
- Why Guy Winch wanted to help patients immediately who came in with emotional wounds, rather than wait until things got worse
- Why we’re very clear how to respond to physical wounds, but we struggle to respond to emotional wounds
- Why we need to think of emotional wounds as the same way as physical wounds
- What is an emotional gym?
- What is emotional first aid?
- Who we make a problem worse without realizing it
- How we make things worse with rejection – and what we can do about it.
- The twisted psychologist experiments done on rejection.
- What’s first aid to deal with rejection?
- What is a self-affirmation and how does it help?
- What can you tell us about negative self-esteem and a weak emotional immune system?
- What’s wrong with positive self-affirmations?
- How do we bolster self-esteem?
- What’s an internal approach of self-compassion?
- What loneliness and cigarettes have in common?
- How to move past loneliness
- What happened with loss and grief?
- How to move past failure
- Who was David the Yankees Guy
- What it means that Emotional First Aid is now in 20 languages.
- Website: www.guywinch.com (book, Ted Talk) also Ted.com and “Guy” also blogs for psychology today and can find those links on his website as well.
- Important Warning On Your Mind – And what it’s telling you
INSPIRE #129: The Surprising Cause Behind 90% of Physical Ailments & How You Can Fix Them Now! (Dr. Bradley Nelson, The Emotion Code)
Discover the Miracle Power of EFT & Tapping to Reduce Pain, Anxiety, Long-term Illness & PTSD! (Dawson Church, PhD, The EFT Manual)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.