INSPIRE #137: How to Find Magic in Your Life and Discover Hope, Meaning & Direction
Neurosurgeon Dr. James R. Doty Shares Secrets to Getting Unstuck, Healing Your Heart, & Finding Hope, Meaning, Compassion & Direction! Plus Relaxing Meditation
Listen to the Podcast Below!
If you’ve ever at wits end, stuck, dis-empowered, or don’t know where to turn, or where to begin…in short, if you’ve ever felt hopeless, then do we have a hope-filled magical show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. James Doty, acclaimed neurosurgeon and author of the beautiful, hope-filled new book Into the Magic Shop: A Neurosurgeon’s Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart, and the founder and director of CCARE the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford, built with the Dalai Lama as the Founding Benefactor.
Today we’ll talk about bringing magic into your lives, or the power to get you unstuck, to heal your heart, and to help you move forward. It’s a magic we all have inside of us, if only we knew how to access it. And today, we’re going to help you do just that.
Plus we’ll talk about kindness and compassion, the alphabet of the heart, why what you think you want is not always what’s best for you and why Some Say Marry Money But My Brother Says Big Brains Matter More…
PRE-ORDER “INTO THE MAGIC SHOP”:
MORE ON DR. JAMES R. DOTY:
James Doty, MD, is a clinical professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at Stanford University and the director of the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University School of Medicine. He is the author of INTO THE MAGIC SHOP.
- What is a Chris knob?
- What James’s life was like around age 12
- Who Ruth was and how she helped transform James’s life
- How riding a bike or exploring as a kid took you away from your “reality”
- How James lost his thumb
- What key ‘tricks’ Ruth taught James –> that we can all learn from.
- How we can relax our bodies
- What’s a great technique for opening the heart?
- How James’s self-esteem was completely transformed.
- How to change your internal dialogue.
- How to let go of the ‘DJ’ in our heads.
- How James moved passed the nay-sayers to get into college and into med school.
- How James came to write Into the Magic Shop
- How he got Desmund Tuto, Nelson Mandella, and Richard Branson’s literary agent.
- What’s the compass of the heart?
- What is the alphabet of the heart?
- How James Doty got in touch with the Dalai Lama and began working together with him – giving James the largest individual donation from the Dalai Lama.
- How James became the chairman of the Dalai Lama Foundation.
- How the compass of the heart turns into compassion.
- What the Dalai Lama says is one time it’s okay to be selfish.
Synchronicities: What They Mean, Why They’re Important & What You SHould Do About Them (Robert Moss, Sidewalk Oracles)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment