If you’ve ever struggled with anger or wanting to club someone, let alone yourself, then do we have the walking through anger show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Dr. Christian Conte, anger management expert, radio and TV personality, co-host of Coaching Bad on Spike TV and the Secret Life of Kids on USA Network, resident therapist for family therapy on VH1, TED talker extraordinaire, and the author of a brilliantly zenny book on anger management, “Walking Through Anger”
That’s what I want to talk with him about today, about a new design for confronting conflict in an emotionally charged world. Plus we’ll talk about worms and toads, spiritual imagery and gargoyles, walking in the hole, what on earth are conteisms, and what in the world is the great watermelon slayer.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY DR. CHRISTIAN CONTE:
MORE ON DR. CHRISTIAN CONTE:
Christian Conte, PhD, is a licensed professional counselor, a certified Domestic Violence Counselor, and a Level V (highest level) Anger Management Specialist from the National Anger Management Association. He is co-host of USA Network’s The Secret Life of Kids and is a frequent guest on many national and local programs, including Good Day, ESPN Radio, and CBS’s KDKA. His Yield Theory training has generated successful results for violent criminals, family therapy, and professional athletes. Visit drchristianconte.com.
Key Points Discussed:
- What is diffusion of responsibility and when does it happen? (03:03)
- Taking light and love to level 5 maximum security prisoners (06:19)
- Being truly responsible for our actions and what we bring to the content of the universe (07:38)
- The super wolf: Being the true alpha to be in control of our own lives and being leaders by example (12:47)
- The yield theory: Listening, validating and exploring options (14:19)
- The concept of the Conte box demystified (18:55)
- Recognizing that we are all just spiritual beings living the human experience (27:06)
- Tonglen: Inhaling the pain of others and exhaling a healing energy (40:08)
- Being mindful of what we bring into any situation (45:55)
- The importance of getting down to a child’s level (50:03)
- The error of language and the error of omnipotence (59:39)
- What we can do for ourselves or others when we start to go into a fight or flight response (1:03:35)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Another controlled study compared the electrical activity between brains of people who continuously practiced mindfulness meditation and those who did not. And it was found that those who meditated had changes in the areas of the brain related to positive thinking and optimism.