If you’ve ever wanted to sell or explain anything to anyone, then do we have the “Three-minute pitch” show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Brant Pinvidic, award-winning film director, veteran TV producer, Founder and CEO of INvelop Entertainment, and host of the Why I’m Not Podcast, and a brand new business-based podcast, IPO.
Brant has sold more than 300 TV and movie projects, sold TV shows like Extreme Makeover: Weightloss Edition and Bar Rescue, which have grossed nearly a billion dollars in revenue. He is also the author of a really fun and transformative read we can all benefit from, “The 3-Minute Rule”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today. About how to say less and get more from any pitch, conversation, or presentation. Plus we’ll talk about Bon Jovi and landscaping, 49ers and Wrestlemania, a cherry-red GTO judge, what on earth is a butt funnel, and what in the world Cameron Diaz and 57 fuzzy bunnies in a hammock has to do with anything.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY BRANT PINVIDIC:
MORE ON BRANT PINVIDIC:
Brant Pinvidic is an award-winning film director, veteran television producer, C-level sales and presentation coach, host of the top-rated podcast “Why I’m Not…”, and a columnist for Forbes. He has been named to the Hollywood Reporter‘s 30 Most Powerful Reality TV Sellers and is widely recognized as one of the great creative sales leaders in Hollywood. Pinvidic grew up in Canada as a serial entrepreneur before moving to the entertainment industry. His endless energy, quest for adventure, and the 3-Minute Rule have helped make him one of the most sought after C-level consultants in the USA and abroad. He lives in Southern California with his wife and three children.
Key Points Discussed:
- Are goldfish really better at focusing than we are? (03:05)
- Brant’s biggest pitching challenge after producing “The Biggest Loser” (03:37)
- What is a statement of value and the basics of the “The Biggest Loser” pitch? (06:44)
- Developing better and more effective communication skills and the WHAC method (10:01)
- What’s the “I Don’t Get it” question and how can that help us? (15:39)
- Amateur director versus a pro director: Too many details are not necessary (22:26)
- The fire alarm test: Perfecting your 3-Minute pitch (23:25)
- Working with the San Francisco 49ers and Wrestlemania (25:31)
- What a hook is and why you shouldn’t lead with your hook (27:52)
- Butt funnels and working with Jon Bon Jovi (30:40)
- The power of the all is lost moment? (40:11)
- What’s a reason for being? (45:38)
- The dad test and why Brant hates PowerPoint (47:46)
- The danger of too much passion or unbalanced passion (50:08)
To support the show and get even more great tools, tips, and behind-the-scenes access, visit: www.Patreon.com/InspireNation
And to follow Inspire Nation (and the lives of Michael and Jessica) on Instagram, go to www.instagram.com/inspirenationlive
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment