Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife is perhaps the single most important book I’ve read in this lifetime.
It was the ultimate twist of fate that a famous neurosurgeon who taught at Harvard, and would tell patients and students alike that the soul is merely an illusion of the mind, would be struck down with what should have been a fatal brain disease.
He spent a week in a coma, brain-dead, with doctors suggesting his wife pull the plug. They gave up on anti-biotics and waited for him to die. But he came back, and with the most incredible near-death experience to share.
This is a truly life-changing interview. Here’s a doctor who’s entire life was built around a premise that there is no afterlife. And yet when he returns, he shares a completely different story. If you believe his story, and it’s hard not to, then it completely changes, or affirms, everything we think about life, about death, and where we’re going from here.
It can’t help but get you thinking, and quite possibly living your life a different way.
This is an incredibly powerful and heartfelt interview that’ll have you on the edge of your seat, and leave you feeling great to be alive!
- What was Dr. Eben Alexander like before he “died”
- What happened physically when he contracted meningitis.
- Why he shouldn’t have lived from the rare, fatal disease.
- What he experiencing while he was brain dead.
- What was happening to him spirituality during this week and beyond.
- Could it have been a brief hallucination, delusion, or fantasy?
- Reading your latest book, it seems like these experiences have happened since the beginning of written work, if these are so real, why haven’t they been studied, or written up, or why isn’t this knowledge mainstream?
- There’s a point in your journey where you were traveling on a butterfly, and a woman was there with you who told you three key things. what were those three things?
- How long did it feel like you were gone for?
- In The Map of Heaven: How Science, Religion, and Ordinary People Are Proving the Afterlif, you talk about having lost hope, or the newness for life before your experience. What were you like when you came back?
- I (Michael Sandler) have had two near-death experiences, both of which radically changed me. Even the laugh you here now, and my “Woo Hoo” came out of my experiences. I’m not the same person I was, each time I died on the trails. How have you changed?
- During my second experience, the best-way I could describe it, was I was getting downloads, like drinking from a firehouse. I was laying in a freezing creek by Lake Tahoe, forcing myself to breath, staring out up at the most brilliant sun I’ve ever seen, while torrents of information seemed to come to me. I’m still working to decipher them all, but this show was one of the pieces that came out of it. I was reading in your book that you were taking these fantastical visits and getting the most incredible downloads. I don’t know how you put it in words, but what kind of downloads were you getting?
- What kind of downloads did you get?
- What’s your latest insight based on the downloads or on the experience?
- What does this experience mean for us?
- What can you tell us about the brain and consciousness, based on what you’ve learned
- Jessica always asks that I ask a question about children, child-raising, or infants. In this case, she asked if kids come into this world without the same veil, buffers, or restrictions of an adult mind, kids brains also limit them in the same way adult brains do, or is the veil more translucent at this point?
- What are some of the key themes you learned from your journey?
- What does it mean to be living under the aspect of eternity?
- What does Love vs. Fear mean to you?
- How can we live differently based on what you’ve experienced?
- Writing this book could not have done wonders for your career as a neurosurgeon, so why did you write this book? And what’s the most important thing you hope people get from it?
- Why did you write The Map of Heaven, your second book?
- You write toward the end of your second book The Map of Heaven, a quote of Aldous Huxley, a famous writer “This world is an illusion, but it is an illusion we must take seriously. Because it is real as far as it goes…we must find a way of being in this world while not being in it.” Why did you include this, and what do you mean by it?
Dr. Eben Alexander Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter
Proof of Heaven: A Neurosurgeon’s Journey into the Afterlife by Dr. Eben Alexander
The Map of Heaven: How Science, Religion, and Ordinary People Are Proving the Afterlife by Dr. Eben Alexander
EvolverLearningLab: 5 Session Course “Revelations from Near Death Experiences: How to Access Universal Consciousness for Everyday Life”
Sacred Acoustics: An innovator in the emerging field of brainwave entrainment, Sacred Acoustics recordings help people around the world reduce distracting thoughts during meditation and advance on their spiritual path. By blending unique harmonic layering with its proprietary NeuralHelix™ technology, Sacred Acoustics recordings are able to modulate brainwave patterns from normal waking consciousness to brainwave patterns associated with altered states of awareness.
what is quantum physics: a rudimentary explanation to give you a basic understanding
what is spooky action at a distance: the concept that an object can be moved, changed, or otherwise affected without being physically touched (as in mechanical contact) by another object.
what is string theory: a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings…
Life Before Life: Children’s Memories of Previous Lives by by
Children Who Remember Previous Lives: A Question of Reincarnation by Ian Stevenson M.D.
Eternea.org: a non-profit organization co-founded by Dr. Eben Alexander dedicated to funding research and education in frontier sciences
Coming Soon: Fred Alan Wolf
Coming Soon: Amit Goswami
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION: