INSPIRE #190: How to Build Strong Healthy Relationships for Home, Office & Kids! Plus Meditation!
Dr. Amy Banks Shows How to Use the Latest Research to Improve Our Relationships At Home, Work, Play, and For Our Children, With Simple, Easy-To-Follow Advice You Can Do Right Now! Plus Meditation!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY AMY BANKS, MD:
Then do we have the show for you!
Today we’ll be talking with Dr. Amy Banks, psychiatrist, and relationship expert about her latest book, Wired to Connect: The Surprising Link Between Brain Science and Strong, Healthy Relationships
Today we’ll talk about how to strengthen our brain for better relationships, more success in life, and greater happiness, in all that we do.
Plus we’ll talk about the smart vegus, Uncle Mitty the frog, rabbit’s playing dead, Italian monkeys, super-mirroring and what Mr. Yuck has to do with anything?
MORE ON AMY BANK, MD:
Amy Banks, M.D., was an instructor of psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and is now the director of Advanced Training at the Jean Baker Miller Training Institute at the Wellesley Centers for Women. She has a private practice in Lexington, Massachusetts, which specializes in relational psychopharmacology and therapy for people who suffer from chronic disconnection.
Amy Banks, MD Online: Website
- What do Italian Monkeys Have to Do with Anything???
- What are mirror neurons?
- Why the theory of separate self is gone
- What happened to Uncle Milty the tadpole
- Why Western cultures have the greatest difficulty due to the value of separation and independence
- Why healthy interactions may be more important than quitting smoking
- Dean Ornish – Book called Love and Survival which documents studies on the healing power of connection and health protection of protection
- Why Mr. Yuck has to do with the poison of discontentment
- Why the idea that physical connection between a child and adult to have the necessary connections to grow into a robust resilient adult
- What competition has to do with nurturing and emotional health
- Why competition can be very harmful
- How Dr. Banks uses the relational cultural theory
- Why caring is so radical?
- What are the 4 neural pathways for healthy relationships?
- What is the devious cyberball experiment
- Why the alarm system in our minds may go off when it shouldn’t
- What is the mirroring system and what is resonance?
- How smiling and greeting someone can stimulate the smart vagus nervous system
- How social media can actually HELP you and stimulate your smart vagus nervous system
- What’s the benefit of pets
- What is relational mindfulness or what Jessica and I call “gazing”.
- What are the benefits of gazing?
- What can we do to soothe the dorsal anterior singulate cortex?
- What can we do to protect ourselves from mirroring if we’re care givers or extra sensitive?
- How to do a SPOT check when there’s a cycle in a relationship
- How do we get the dopamine reward system back on line?
- How do we remove addictions to heal a relationship
- Advice for people who are repeating bad relationships
- Important words of wisdom for parents and your kids
- AmyBanksMd.com and http://jbmti.org/
- Brief guided meditation or practice to experience a ‘positive relational moment’
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
*Note: On your PayPal statement, you will see your donation made to “RunBare Inc.” Rest assured, your donation is going to the right place. Thank you!
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.