If you’ve ever who you struggled with dicks in your life, then do we have the Don’t Be a Dick, show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Mark B. Borg, Jr, PhD, a licensed clinical psychologist and psychoanalyst, the co-author of Irrelationship, Relationship Sanity, and author of his latest work on not becoming dick-free, Don’t Be a Dick!
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about what it means when we attract dicks into our lives, how to deal with dicks, and how to know if we’ve become dick’s ourselves.
That plus we’ll talk about Satyagraha, hospitality, stone cold dicks, the danger of Impletives, nuclear snubs, what on earth is a grawlix and what in the world is a turd hurdler?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY MARK B. BORG, Jr, PhD:
MORE ON MARK B. BORG, Jr, PhD:
Mark B. Borg, Jr., Ph.D. is a community and clinical psychologist and a psychoanalyst practicing in New York City. He is founding partner of The Community Consulting Group, a consulting firm that trains community stakeholders, local governments and other organizations to use psychoanalytic techniques in community rebuilding and revitalization.
He is a supervisor of psychotherapy at the William Alanson White Institute and has written extensively about the intersection of psychoanalysis and community crisis intervention. He has published numerous articles and book chapters on community intervention, organizational consultation, psychoanalytic therapy; and on the application of psychoanalytic theory and technique to improve and streamline the process of community crisis intervention.
Mark B. Borg, Jr, PhD Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- One thing we can do tell if we’re attracting dicks into our lives and one simple reason why (03:02)
- Were you a dick when you were growing up? (04:22)
- How did you get interested in helping others stop becoming dicks and stop attracting dicks into their lives? (06:32)
- Being a dick inadvertently by refusing help from others (10:07)
- What do you mean forget the narcissist, it’s really about you? (16:18)
- What do you mean it’s not you, it’s me, and what are the dangers of that? (18:17)
- How the poor behavior we perpetrate on others likely reflects the way we also mistreat ourselves (22:52)
- Why does it appear that there are more dicks today than ever? (24:23)
- Can we be an empath and still be a dick? (27:29)
- Intimacy: The greatest risk a dick could ever have (32:00)
- What in the world is a turd hurdler? (34:22)
- Why do some of us feel comfortable in relationships with dicks (38:36)
- What’s the importance of halting negative assumptions about people and circumstances (41:11)
- What’s a moratorium between our rage and the world? (41:48)
- Why causing yourself burnout is being a dick to yourself (45:06)
- What’s the importance of mapping your positive attributes? (47:51)
- What do we do with a bully and how do we get rid of a stray cat? (48:56)
- How do we teach our kids about dickery? (54:28)
INSPIRE #923: HOW TO CHANGE YOUR LIFE THROUGH THE POWER OF STORYTELLING! (Matthew Dicks, “Storyworthy”)
INSPIRE #152: What it Takes to Motivate Yourself & Others! (Thomas Gilovich, The Wisest One in the Room)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment