INSPIRE #545: HOW TO CRAFT A LIFE THAT MATTERS!!!
Emily Esfahani Smith on The Power of Meaning & How to Craft a Life that Matters!
If you’ve wanted more depth and significance in your life, then do we have The Power of Meaning Show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Emily Esfahani Smith, columnist, editor and author of one of the most meaningful books I’ve ever read, The Power of Meaning: Crafting a Life That Matters.
And that’s just what I want to talk with her about today, about crafting a life that matters.
That plus we’ll talk about big Papi, feeding giraffes, nights in shining armor, what in the world’s the Ikea effect, good fences and great neighbors, and why you want to be extra careful when you compliment another’s dervishes possessions?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOKS BY EMILY ESFAHANI SMITH:
MORE ON EMILY ESFAHANI SMITH:
Emily Esfahani Smith is the author of “THE POWER OF MEANING: Crafting a Life That Matters” (Crown). She writes about culture, relationships, and psychology. Her writing has appeared in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Time, The Atlantic, and other publications.
Emily is also a columnist for The New Criterion, as well as an editor at the Hoover Institution, where she manages the Ben Franklin Circles project, an initiative to build purpose and community throughout the nation.
Born in Zurich, Switzerland, Emily grew up in Montreal, Canada. She graduated from Dartmouth College and earned a master of applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania.
- What’s the crisis of hopelessness and misery today?
- Can meaning and happiness be at odds?
- What exactly is positive psychology?
- What’s the challenge with positive psychology?
- What is a Sufi meethouse?
- What does it mean to Sufi’s to love and adore God?
- What does loving kindness have to do with Sufi-ism?
- What exactly is positive psychology?
- Are there higher rates of suicides in wealthier & happier countries?
- What’s the Ikea effect?
- What’s the importance of facing challenges head-on?
- What are the four pillars of meaning?
- What’s the importance of belonging
- What can we learn about chronic loneliness from infants?
- What are high quality connections?
- What in the world is “zoo enrichment”?
- Who in the world is Big Papa and what is Coss Athletics?
- What does it mean “not all of us will find our calling, but that doesn’t mean we can’t find purpose”
- What’s the importance of reframing tasks as opportunities?
- What’s a narrative identity or a personal myth and why’s it so important to us?
- What’s a star party?
- What did researcher Michelle Shiota and colleagues learn about how awe affects the sense of self?
- What’s the importance of meditation?
- What’s the overview effect and what did astronaut Jeff Ashby see from space
- What are sensemakers?
- What can we learn about resilience?
- What can we learn from the company Life Is Good?
- What’s the importance of meaning-centered psychotherapy and what’s it mean for all of us?
- What can we learn from Victor Frankl about love?
- For More Info Visit: http://emilyesfahanismith.com/
INSPIRE #525: How to Find Happiness through Small Celebrations! (CJ Liu & Michael Sandler)
INSPIRE #410: HOW TO FIND HAPPINESS HERE & NOW!!! + Meditation (Joseph Emet,”Finding The Blue Sky”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment