INSPIRE #308: How to Think Big & Live Your Dreams!
Michael Port on How to Have a Think Big Revolution, ‘Steal the Show’ & Live the Life of Your Dreams!
Listen to the podcast below!
BOOKS BY MICHAEL PORT:
If you’ve ever dreamed big in life, whether that’s starting your own business, moving to a foreign land, landing that dream job, or anything else then do we have the Think Big show for you!
Today I’ll be talking with Michael Port, former professional actor – you may have seen him in Sex in the City, law and Order, The Pelican Brief or Down To Earth; He’s a New York Times Best Selling Author, key note speaker and CEO coach. And he’s the author of an amazing book Steal the Show: From Speeches to Job Interviews to Deal-Closing Pitches, How to Guarantee a Standing Ovation for All the Performances in Your Life, and my new all-time favorite Key Note Address and Inspirational Speech: The Think Big Revolution
Today we’ll talk about how to dream big, stand tall, find your voice, and how to guarantee a standing ovation for all the performances of your life.
That plus we’ll talk about why you don’t want a devil’s advocate, what in the world Marlon Brando has to do with cotton balls, and why deep-fried car tires, might just be your greatest food in the world!
Join Michael Port & hundreds of other performers in
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL,
October 31st – November 2nd, 2016.
3 days you can’t afford to miss if you want to become a truly HEROIC public speaker and discover how becoming a “PERFORMER” can translate into dollars for your business!
Click here for more information: http://heroicpublicspeaking.com/live/
MORE ON MICHAEL PORT:
Michael Port has written six books, including Book Yourself Solid and Steal the Show, the latter which—according to the former President of Starbucks—“might be the most unique and practical book ever written on the topic of public speaking.”
He’s been called an “uncommonly honest author” by the Boston Globe, a “marketing guru” by The Wall Street Journal, a “sales guru” by the Financial Times, “a public speaking phenom” by Jonathan Fields and “the best public speaking coach in the world” by Lewis Howes. The founder of MastermindTalks, Jayson Gaignard, declared, “Michael Port is the best speaker I’ve ever seen.”
His books have been on the bestseller lists of the NY Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Publisher’s Weekly and have been selected by Amazon and 800-CEO-READ as “best books of the year.”
He was once a professional actor, having received his MFA from NYU’s Graduate Acting Program, guest starring on shows like Sex & The City and Law & Order, and in films like The Pelican Brief and Down to Earth. These days, Michael can be seen on MSNBC, CNBC, and PBS as an on air expert in communication and business development and as the host of the most popular podcast on public speaking and performance, Steal the Show with Michael Port.
Michael Port Online:
Heroic Public Speaking: http://www.heroicpublicspeaking.com
Steal the Show Podcast: http://www.StealTheShow.com
- How’d he become a professional actor, and why did he leave.
- Why performance arts and acting means studying others
- How to get casted in Hollywood
- What Marlon Brando did to get the role in the Godfather
- What it means to ‘raise the stakes’ and ‘play’ life at a high level
- What’s it mean to be ready to shine?
- What this means for a career or job interview, sales pitch or other high stakes situation – why it’s important to show up as a performer
- Why Michael Port had learning disabilities, but they didn’t hold him back.
- And why Michael Sandler also had learning disabilities, and what this meant
- How learning disabilities may lead you to become an entrepreneur or entrepreneurship
- Why Michael Port has a sense of urgency
- Why urgency is different that impatient
- Why you don’t want to be ‘realistic’
- How he treats people with love
- What is a superobjective
- What’s the power of presence – and what performance is really about
- Why performance is authentic behavior in a manufactured environment
- What’s his overarching super-objective
- How boating is a meditative, mindfulness experience.
- Wallace J. Nichols – Blue Mind – how the water affects us, body, mind and soul
- Why he doesn’t meditation on a regular basis but gets his meditation through boating
- Why he’s excited to learn about personal finances
- Why thinking big about who you are and what you bring to the world is so important and why we each want to have our own Think Big Revolution
- Why you don’t want to tell your kids they are smart
INSPIRE #239: How Water Can Soothe, Heal & Transform Your Life! (Dr. Wallace J. Nichols, “Blue Mind”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment