If you’ve wanted to feel more awake, alive, on purpose, and energized, then do we have the show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Cara Bradley, former Team Rollerblade pro skater, mental-strength coach, the founder of Verge Yoga, and co-founder of the non-profit Mindfulness Through Movement, which provides mindfulness programs to schools in Philadelphia, host of the podcast Real Women, Courageous Wisdom, and the author of On the Verge: Wake Up, Show Up, and Shine.
Today we’ll talk about how you can do just that, turn your life into a high definition, high voltage, on purpose living experience, with greater focus, energy, clarity and joy.
That, plus we’ll talk about climbing Mount Cardigan, skating Central Park, how to problem solve through walking, what in the world are sticky people, what’s a sloppy brain, crazy busy, and why you don’t need to force a frog pose in order to feel good about yourself.
MORE ON CARA BRADLEY:
Cara Bradley, author of On The Verge: Wake Up, Show Up, and Shine (New World Library), yoga and meditation teacher, and former pro-skater for Team Rollerblade®, has devoted more than three decades to movement disciplines and personal transformation. She is the founder of Verge Yoga Center and co-founder of the non-profit Mindfulness Through Movement, providing mindfulness programs to schools in Philadelphia. Cara is a mental strength coach to college sports teams and hosts a podcast series for Women for One called Real Women, Courageous Wisdom. www.carabradley.net
Cara Bradley Online: Website | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | LinkedIn
Visit http://www.carabradley.net for the following:
- Info for the FREE On The Verge app
- Guided meditation primer practices
- Yoga Videos
- Moving Meditation
- A guided ‘be kind’ meta meditation practice
Visit http://www.vergeyogacenter.com for more information on a Verge Yoga Class or Retreat or Clear Light Meditation.
- How do you teach Villanova football players yoga?
- What happened in her last track race as a Division 1 800 sprinter.
- What shifted her permanently?
- What athletes at peak moments are typically thinking about.
- What is a verge?
- What does ‘let me do’ mean?
- What is a ‘direct experience’?
- What is living in High Definition
- How she went from a professional skater to an investment banker back to professionally skating (for Team Rollerblade) again.
- What is experiencing our life with high voltage energy
- What is a simple way we can get more into a high voltage moment
- What is skygazing?
- What’s the importance of shivasana?
- Why Gentle is the New Strong
- Why You Can’t Get to Peace through Push
- What we can learn from running to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
- What is a sloppy brain?
- What’s a practice to ground yourself when you’re in sloppy brain?
- What’s the importance of letting go of judgment?
- What’s the importance of the practice of being kind to yourself (with tenderness and humor)
- What Scott McBride taught her about being kind.
- What is the ‘finding your love object’ practice
- What does it mean to show up right now?
- Why drama drains and focus fuels
- What are sticky situations and sticky people?
- Lessons from Cayman
- What does it mean to be fearless?
- What’s the importance of loving yourself?
- Why loving kindness is the ‘essential oil’
- What advice for parents to help kids be more ‘on the verge’?
How to Use Mindfulness for Peak Performance (George Mumford, Michael Jordan’s Mindfulness Coach)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.