If you’ve ever wanted to see things differently and discover a brightness even in the seeming darkness all around, then do we have the Book of Soul show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Mark Nepo, spiritual writer, poet, philosopher, spiritual artist, the author of the New York Times #1 Best Seller, “The Book of Awakening” and all-time favorite spiritual author of mine, and the author of a brilliant, beautiful new book, “The Book of Soul”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about Covid-19, protest, instability, apparent darkness, and what in the world it means for the evolution of our soul.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO:
BOOK BY MARK NEPO:
MORE ON MARK NEPO:
Mark Nepo is a poet and philosopher who has taught in the fields of poetry, health, and spirituality for forty years. A New York Times #1 bestselling author, he has published fourteen books and recorded eight audio projects. Mark has appeared with Oprah Winfrey on her Super Soul Sunday program on OWN TV, and has also been interviewed by Robin Roberts on Good Morning America. His work has been translated into more than twenty languages. Mark keynotes regularly for conferences and corporations, works with healing and medical communities, including chaplains and therapists, speaks and offers workshops for colleges and universities, and leads spiritual retreats.
In 1987, Mark was diagnosed with a rare form of lymphoma. The heart of that journey and its aftermath has greatly informed his work. Ever since, he has been a student of all paths and his work has explored the common center and unity of all spiritual traditions, focusing on how we can experience that unity when we can lean into life and hold nothing back. Ultimately, he explores with others how to live wholeheartedly, so we can inhabit the gifts we are born with and find the language of our own wisdom.
Mark Nepo Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- What do you see going on in the world today with the pandemic and all the chaos everywhere? (03:33)
- Getting unstuck from grief and accepting that the world has changed (03:49)
- The purpose of suffering in exhausting us of our differences and that of love in awakening us to how we are at heart the same (11:17)
- Moving through our fear instead of obeying it so we can allow love to move us towards the miracle (15:27)
- Overcoming fear and pain by enlarging our sense of things (19:00)
- Wholeheartedness and inviting in our shadow at this time (20:32)
- Listening to honest friends who can call us out when we’re wrong (24:00)
- Liberating ourselves by wearing sandals instead of needlessly carpeting the earth (27:09)
- The uselessness of our propensity to judge each other (31:01)
- Looking with wonder and reverence at the incredibly positive opportunity for something greater at this time (34:58)
- What in the world is a prison tree? (37:17)
- Why he chooses every day whether to be known as a jew or not (45:20)
- Truth and kindness and how they are our constant teachers (50:04)
- Looking at hope as no matter how things turn out they will have meaning (52:27)
- Avoiding the distancing of each other in our hearts despite having to practice caution and social distancing (01:01:02)
- Being who we are completely with each other, not holding anything back, and making the most of our time together (01:02:43)
INSPIRE #944: HOW TO LEAD A HAPPIER, MORE FULFILLING LIFE – THROUGH THE POWER OF COMMUNITY!!! (Mark Nepo, “More Together Than Alone”)
INSPIRE #792: HOW TO USE JOURNALING TO FREE YOUR SOUL! (Mark Nepo,”Things That Join The Sea And The Sky”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment