MORE ON GAY HENDRICKS:
Gay Hendricks is a psychologist, writer, and teacher in the field of personal growth, relationships, and body intelligence. He is best known for his work in relationship enhancement and in the development of conscious breathing exercises. After receiving his Ph.D. in psychology from Stanford University in 1974, Hendricks began teaching at the University of Colorado. He spent 21 years at the University of Colorado and became a Full Professor in the Counseling Psychology Department while founding The Hendricks Institute. He conducts workshops with his wife of more than 33 years, Dr. Kathlyn Hendricks. Together they have authored over 35 books. They have appeared on numerous radio and television shows, including an interview with radio host Jean Chatzky.
Hendricks co-founded The Spiritual Cinema Circle with his wife and producer Stephen Simon, and was Executive Producer for the film Zen Noir (2004). He served as producer and writer on the Louise Hay movie, You Can Heal Your Life. In 2011, he partnered with writer Tinker Lindsey to begin the Tenzing Zorbu mystery series, with titles such as The First Rule of Ten and The Second Rule of Ten, which illustrate emotional and spiritual challenges in the life of a fictional ex-monk private detective. A short biopic was made of his life for Polish television, wherein he was portrayed by Canadian actor, Jon Cubbon.
Gay Hendricks Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- How the current times are perfectly designed for his book on Conscious Luck and the good fortune that brought the book about (03:03)
- Making a commitment to being a new kind of person and how it can help you change your luck intentionally (07:32)
- How marshmallows and flames helped him get into the author business (10:05)
- The infinite pool of pure consciousness that we get just as a gift of being human beings (12:25)
- Discovering that luck is a moonbeam that he could catch in his sails (16:00)
- Getting into Stanford for his PhD program without having the grades for it (21:39)
- The luck that was in her book being burned and banned (26:00)
- The importance of releasing your personal barriers to good fortune (28:44)
- The power of transforming shame into a magnet for abundance (31:42)
- Having luck worthy goals and taking consistent action (34:54)
- A different way of giving back to the universe from the right direction (38:13)
- Finding your lucky tribe by choosing to be around people who are smarter and luckier than you are (40:29)
- Trying something new and saying yes to it and operating at the speed of luck (42:39)
- Practicing radical gratitude and appreciation even in the worst of situations (50:03)
- Is there a difference between feeling lucky and being lucky? (55:59)
- Breathing, moving, and loving whenever you have a problem or feel stuck (58:26)
INSPIRE #959: HOW TO DISCOVER YOUR GENIUS & END NEGATIVE THINKING! (Gay Hendricks, PhD, “The Joy Of Genius”)
INSPIRE #581: HOW TO HAVE A HAPPILY EVER AFTER RELATIONSHIP! + Guided Meditation (Kathlyn & Gay Hendricks, “Conscious Loving Ever After”)
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.