If you ever wanted to overcome setbacks and come out shining, then do we have the Things No One Else Can Teach Us show for you.
Today I’ll be talking with Humble the Poet, rapper, singer, word artist, blogger, and the author of a beautiful book that shares what needs to be told, “Things No One Else Can Teach Us”
And that’s just what I want to talk with him about today, about how to respond to everyday challenges, and come out shining on the other side.
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST BELOW:
OR WATCH THE VIDEO (COMING SOON):
BOOKS BY HUMBLE THE POET:
MORE ON HUMBLE THE POET:
Kanwer Singh, a.k.a. Humble The Poet is an MC, spoken word artist, and author who embodies poignancy, diversity and resiliency in his art. With tattoos, beard, head wrap and ready smile, this former elementary school teacher stimulates audiences with ideas that go against the grain and dynamic live shows that shake convention and minds.
Humble brings fresh tracks and huge truths from his own life on his popular Instagram page and YouTube channel. His distinctive style and point of view have been featured on the popular television program CBC’s Canada Reads, and took home top prize. He has performed at concerts and festivals including Lollapalooza and has been featured in major media.
He was also featured in Apple’s first Canadian ad spot for their #ShotOnIphone campaign. His latest EP entitled “Righteous/Ratchet” features the single, H.A.I.R, a celebration of women of all shapes, sizes, hair and walks of life.
His self-directed video for H.A.I.R features YouTube sensation and longtime collaborator Lilly Singh. Humble The Poet is the author of “UNLEARN: 101 Simple Truths for A Better Life” and THINGS NO ONE ELSE CAN TEACH US.
Humble the Poet Online: Website
Key Points Discussed:
- What’s the one thing to do when the going gets ugly? (03:00)
- Why did you want to write your own hip hop songs and how did you come up with the name Poet? (03:17)
- What does it mean to be a battle rapper and how did you become a real writer? (04:35)
- What does it mean to cut corners and how did it affect you? (08:34)
- How writing and sharing his authentic self was the best therapy (10:41)
- The value of practising automatic writing(13:13)
- How we would live differently if we were like a loaf of bread and had an expiration date on our forehead (15:05)
- Hitting rock bottom, doing an audit of all his life decisions, and getting rid of toxic friends (16:15)
- Losing Boomerang and how it made him realize that his happiest moments were when he did things for others (18:18)
- What happened to you on a small street between Brooklyn and Queens? (22:29)
- What did dropping your shields in that moment in the subway do to your heart? (25:49)
- Totems the universe puts in our path particularly in moments of misery and self-pity (28:46)
- What can you tell us about “I Will” and what can we learn from your time with Himet? (32:37)
- What do you mean by “Our worst fears are rarely realized and even when they are, we are still standing”? (39:31)
- Tuition in the school of life and how to conduct ourselves (44:11)
- The meaning of “In western religion, tradition is a straight line while in eastern religion it’s cyclical” (46:32)
- Pots of Gold and what he learned from playing in London (50:39)
- What did Pharell Williams tell you about the sun when you started drilling him with questions? (54:27)
- The idea of focusing on our journey instead of worrying about the destination (56:54)
INSPIRE #1210: GET GUIDANCE & OVERCOME ALMOST ANY CHALLENGE! (Law of Attraction in Action!) (Michael Sandler & Anne Bérubé)
INSPIRE #365: HOW TO OVERCOME HEARTBREAK & BUILD YOUR SELF-ESTEEM! + Meditation! (Susan Anderson, “The Abandonment Recovery Workbook”)
SUPPORT INSPIRE NATION:
Help keep the show going! Every time you shop at Amazon through the link below, we earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Or please consider making a donation through PayPal.
Thank You for being a part of this amazing movement!
Disclosure: Please note that some of the links above are affiliate links, and at no additional cost to you, we will earn a commission if you decide to make a purchase. Please do not spend any money on these products unless you feel you need them or that they will help you achieve your goals.
Leave A Comment